Chinese smartphone maker Vivo has announced a new 5G capable mid-ranger amid the Coronavirus outbreak. The new device dubbed Vivo S6 highlights an AMOLED screen, Quad cameras, dual-mode 5G connectivity, and a massive 4,500 mAh battery. Notably, the Vivo S6 5G comes with Samsung’s Exynos 980 chipset under the hood, making it the third phone from the Chinese brand to come equipped with the flagship SoC. The Vivo X30 and Vivo X30 Pro were the first to get the flagship SoC.
The Vivo S6 5G is available in Black and White and Blue color options and will go on sale beginning from April 3, though interested customers can already book pre-order for the device anytime. Availability is only limited to the Chinese market as of now, as there isn’t any official word yet pointing to its international release. Speaking of the pricing, the Vivo S6 5G has a starting price of CNY 2,698 (roughly Rs. 28,700) which will net you the variant with 8GB + 128GB storage space, while the 8GB + 256GB storage option goes for CNY 2,998 (roughly Rs.31,900). Pre-orders are live on Vivo’s official site, JD.com, and a number of leading online retail websites in China.
Vivo S6 Design, specifications and features
The S6 5G is quite a good looking phone, with a sleek design made with a glass-clad body. The device much like a number of smartphones released in the past few weeks, the S6 5G comes equipped with a Quad-camera setup arranged in a circular manner, while a single front camera seats on the waterdrop notch display.
Speaking of the display, the Vivo S6 5G comes fitted with a large 6.44-inch AMOLED display with a FHD+ resolution (2400 x 1080 pixels). It houses an in-display fingerprint scanner central, as well as a waterdrop notch where a 32MP selfie cam is situated. Under the hood, the Vivo S6 5G is equipped with Samsung’s Exynos 980 with support for both 5G SA / NSA, with 8GB RAM, and up to 256GB of storage. It runs Android 10 with vivo’s own Funtouch OS 10 out of the box.
On the rear panel, the Vivo S6 5G comes fitted with a Quad-camera setup which highlights a 48MP main camera sensor. The primary sensor is coupled with an 8MP ultrawide shooter, 2MP macro snapper and a 2MP shooter for depth shooting. The device features a 32MO selfie shooter with a night selfie option, while both rear and front shooter support EIS.
Other noteworthy specs include a 4,500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging tech, CPU Turbo, AI Turbo, Net Turbo, Cooling Turbo, Game Turbo, and ART++ Turbo.
Vivo S6 5G specifications
- 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 980 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP5 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with Funtouch OS 10
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, EIS, LED flash, 8MP 112° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth sensor
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.08 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.16 × 74.66 × 8.68mm; Weight: 181g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio
- 5G SA/ NSA / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4390mAh (Minimum) battery with 18W fast charge