Besides announcing the Vivo V19 with a 32MP Punch-hole Camera, and a 4500mAh Battery for the Indonesian market today, Vivo also released a new member of the Nex family dubbed the Vivo Nex 3s 5G. The device is a refresh or if you like replace the Vivo Nex 3 introduced back in September last year, and as you would guess from the moniker, the most obvious change comes from within.
With no significant change in design, the Vivo Nex 3s 5G gets the same waterfall display with the Nex 3, complete with a triple rear camera setup, as well as a motorized pop-up unit fitted with a 16MP selfie camera along with an LED flash. Talking of the rear camera arrays, the Vivo Nex 3s has a 64MP main unit with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP f/2.5 telephoto and a 13MP ultrawide snapper with f/2.2 lens with which you can shoot 2.5cm macro shots and a telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom and 20x digital zoom.
Carved out of a glass and metal combination chassis, the Nex 3s 5G has a footprint of 167.44 x 76.14 x 9.4mm, while its weight stands at 219.5 grams. Much like a few Vivo smartphones, the Nex 3s 5G comes with pressure-sensitive buttons on the side effectively replacing physical buttons and power buttons, as well, as a third-generation Screen SoundCasting tech, with the screen, effectively acting like a speaker.
It comes fitted with a large 6.89-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen with extreme curvature with support for HDR10+, while on the inside, there is a Snapdragon 865 chipset complete with the 5G-capable Snapdragon X55 modem supporting NSA + SA, a bump in memory(up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM) as well as storage(up to 512GB UFS 3.1 storage) sizes.
It comes packed with a 4500mAh battery with support for 44W fast charging that can charge 3000mAh battery in 30 minutes, while it supports WiFi-6 and NFC-eSE security chip, and boots Android 10 with Funtouch OS 10 out of the box.
Vivo Nex 3s 5G Price and availability
The Vivo Nex 3s 5G will go on sale in China from March 14 at a starting price of CNY 4,998 ($720) for the 8GB/256GB version, while the 12GB/256GB models will retail for CNY 5,298 ($760). Both versions are available in Black, Blue, and Red color options.
Vivo NEX 3S 5G specifications
- 6.89-inch (1080 × 2256 pixels) Full HD+ 18.8:9 E3 AMOLED display with 100% P3 wide color gamut, HDR10, 800 nit brightness
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with Funtouch OS 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 13MP telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom with f/2.46 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.09 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC
- Dimensions:167.44×76.14×9.4mm ; Weight: 219.5g
- 5G NSA & SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 44W ultra-fast charging