How To Turn Subtitles On Or Off On Peacock TV
Peacock TV is an American over-the-top streaming service that was launched on July 15, 2020. The streaming service is operated and owned by the Television and Streaming division of NBCUniversal (a subsidiary of Comcast).
Peacock TV is a great option for people who enjoy streaming shows and movies but aren’t financially buoyant enough to subscribe to monthly plans on streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, etc. Don’t get me wrong, Peacock TV has a premium service but you don’t need the premium service to start streaming endlessly on the app.
Watching movies or shows without subtitles on Peacock TV is great and all, until your brother’s kids visit you for the weekend and they are shouting and playing so you can’t hear a thing from your favorite show or you live in a busy area and it’s pretty loud during the day so you can’t out the sounds from the movie or show you are watching. In such scenarios, being able to turn subtitles on or off will determine if you’ll be able to enjoy the movie or not.
If you are reading this article, the odds are, you don’t know how to do it yourself. That’s why in today’s blog post, I’ll be teaching you how to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV
The first thing you should know is that Peacock TV is available on different devices. You can have access to your favorite shows on Peacock TV using your Andriod, iPhone, PC, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, and Smart TVs.
This means that the one size fits all procedure isn’t going to work. That’s why I have decided to teach you how to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV across all the above-mentioned devices so you wouldn’t have an issue turning yours on or off regardless of the device you use to access Peacock TV.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV (Computer Approach)
If you access your favorite shows on Peacock TV via a computer operating on Windows or macOS, you can easily turn subtitles on or off when you follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- On your computer, log into your Peacock TV account, using your favorite browser.
- Select a movie or TV show and start streaming.
- Once the movie or TV show starts playing, move the cursor anywhere across the screen to reveal the Video playback options at the bottom of the screen.
- At the bottom left corner of the browser window, click on the comment Its color changes to yellow when you hover over it.
- Clicking on it reveals a menu displaying Audio and Subtitles. Select Subtitles and you’ll be able to choose between English or Off. Depending on the title, you may also have the option for the Spanish language.
Once you have activated the subtitle, changes will be applied quickly. If it takes a while to apply the changes, it shouldn’t last more than 30 seconds. If after 30 seconds you can’t see the subtitle, then you can refresh your browser and try again.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV (iPhone Peacock TV App Approach)
You can watch movies on your iPhone when you download the Peacock App for iOS. If you already have the app installed on your device then you can turn subtitles on or off all need do is follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Open the Peacock TV app on your iPhone.
- Locate the movie or TV show you want to watch and tap on it.
- Once you start streaming, use the tip of your finger to pull up the playback options from the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the chat icon (subtitles) found at the bottom right corner of your screen, to turn subtitles on or off.
Same as the subtitles on PC, it takes a maximum of 30 seconds for the subtitle to appear on your screen.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV (Andriod Peacock TV App Approach)
Andriod users aren’t left out as they can also enjoy high-quality video content. To gain access to the content on Peacock TV using your Andriod, all you need do is download and install the Peacock app from the Google PlayStore.
After installing the app, sign in to your account and follow the set of instructions outlined below to learn how to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV.
- Open the Peacock TV app on your Andriod device.
- Locate the movie or TV show you want to watch and tap on it.
- Once you start streaming, use your finger to pull up the playback
- Finally, tap on the chat bubble (subtitles) button to turn your subtitle on or off.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV (Firestick Peacock TV App Approach)
The Amazon Firestick is a great and simplified way to gain access to your favorite streaming services in one place. If you own this device, then you can also have access to Peacock TV, all you need do is download the Peacock TV app from the Amazon App on your Firestick, sign in to your account, then follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Open the App and start streaming a movie or TV show of your choice.
- While the video is playing, press the Menu (it’s the three horizontal bar) button on your Firestick remote control. Doing that will reveal the Video playback
- Once the options appear, use the remote to navigate to Subtitles.
- Now you can select the subtitle language you want to turn it On or you can disable it by selecting Off.
The subtitles will appear on your screen soon after you turn it on.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV (Roku Peacock TV App Approach)
Just like the Amazon Firestick device, you can also download and start streaming movies and TV shows endlessly on your Roku device.
If you already have the Peacock TV app installed and you are signed in, proceed with the steps below to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV using Roku.
- Open the Peacock TV app on your Roku device and start streaming any video content of your choice.
- While the video is playing, press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote control.
- You can now, select On or Off to activate or deactivate subtitles.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV (Apple TV Approach)
If you own an Apple TV, then you can also stream the content on Peacock TV. All you need is to first download the Peacock TV App from the Apple Store, sign in to your account, and then follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Open the Peacock TV app and start streaming your favorite show.
- On your Apple TV remote, press the Select Doing this will reveal a menu.
- On that menu, select the Subtitles Once you do that, you’ll be able to turn the subtitle on or off.
How to turn subtitles on or off on Peacock TV (Smart TV Approach)
New smart TVs support the Peacock app (at least most of them do) and many of those newer smart TVs run or use a particular OS. For example, your smart TV could be running on Roku, Fire OS, Andriod, etc. Some smart TVs have OS (Operating Systems) that are unique to them like Samsung’s Tizen or LG’s WebOS and the problem with these kinds of smart TVs is that most exclusive OS devices eventually stop updating their preinstalled apps when that happens the result is obvious—the apps become unusable.
However, if you have smart TVs that run on Roku, Fire TV OS, Andriod you don’t have to worry about not being able to use the preinstalled app again in future since they frequently update their apps based on their OS app store. But that’s not the point. The point is, if you have a smart TV and you have the Peacock TV app preinstalled or you installed yourself, it doesn’t matter if you use an LG, Samsung, or Panasonic TV, you’ll still be able to turn subtitles on or off and the process is pretty much the same the only difference would be the remote function you’ll need to press to access the menu and activate the subtitle.