The benefits of taking screenshots of activities displayed on your device can never be overemphasized. I sometimes pause movies to take screenshots to either edit or set as wallpapers. For tech-savvy personalities, stack traces, codes as well as logs are sometimes shared using screenshots. On almost all devices such as smartphones, tablets, or computers, screenshots can be taken. The smartwatch hasn’t been left out of this trend and I’ll be guiding you on how to take screenshots on Apple Watch. In recent versions of the watchOS, Apple disabled the ability to take a screenshot by default since it’s easy to do. However, I’ll be covering how to re-enable this feature and how to take screenshots on the Apple Watch. These being stated, let’s dive in.
How to Enable Taking Screenshots on Apple Watch
- On your iPhone that’s paired to the Apple Watch, open the “Watch” app.
- Ensure you’re on the “My Watch” tab by tapping “My Watch” at the bottom of the app’s interface.
- Scroll down and tap on “General.”
- Scroll down and you’ll see a toggle for “Enable Screenshots”. Turn it on by swiping the button to the right.
You’ll now be able to take a screenshot on Apple Watch.
How to take a screenshot on an Apple Watch
Taking a screenshot on the Apple Watch is as easy as taking screenshots on an iPhone or iPad. To take screenshots, Tap on the Digital Crown and side button at the same time. You should hear a click that sounds like a camera shutter if your sound is turned on.
To turn off screenshots, open your watch app on your iPhone and toggle “Enable Screenshots” off. Once this is turned off, pressing the Digital Crown and Side button simultaneously will do nothing. Turning off screenshots should come in handy if you don’t take screenshots on Apple Watch often and are taking screenshots accidentally.
- With two fingers, press the Digital Crown and the side button at the same time. The screen flashes when you take a screenshot.
- To find your screenshot, go to the Photos app on your iPhone, tap the Albums tab, then tap Screenshots
Where to find your Apple Watch screenshots
After taking screenshots on your Apple Watch, it’s immediately transferred on your connected iPhone and can be seen in the Photos app. There are two ways of finding the screenshot on your iPhone.
- Open your Camera app, tap the Camera Roll at the bottom left corner of your screen. The last taken screenshot should be the most recent image in the camera roll.
- You can also find it in the Photos app. Open your Photos app and tap on “Albums” at the bottom of the screen. Locate and tap on “Screenshots”. You should see it there as the most recent image in your screenshots folder.