With the rapid increase in online businesses and transactions, the need to be able to sign PDF documents using your Android, iPhone, or iPad devices has grown greatly over time.
In the pre-internet era, transactions were carried out physically and required signing documents, invoices, and other forms. Fast forward 20 years, and we now have numerous companies and enterprises conducting businesses and transactions online and hence, the need of being able to sign PDF documents on Android, iPhone, and iPad has never been greater.
Did you know you could easily sign PDF documents using your smart devices? I bet you didn’t think your simple android or iPhone device could help solve this problem.
In the past, signing a PDF document required a long tedious process to achieve. You would have to first print out the PDF document, physically sign the document, then the document will have to be scanned before being sent online. Tedious right? Luckily for you, you no longer have to go through these procedures to sign your PDF documents as you have landed at your solution guide in today’s post.
How to Sign PDF documents on Android devices
Signing documents using android devices is possible only with the help of a third-party pdf editor like Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Unlike iPhone and iPad which come with a pre-installed PDF signing feature, Android requires an external PDF reader application that can be downloaded from the Google play store.
To be able to sign PDF documents using your android phone, follow the steps below:
- Download a PDF reader app. E.g download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Go to file manager, select the pdf document you wish to sign, and click on it.
- Select the Adobe Acrobat app to open the file.
- After the pdf opens, click on the pen icon below and select “fill & sign”
- Click on the signature icon.
- “Create Signature” and “Create Initials” options will be displayed. Select on create a signature.
- A new screen will be displayed for you to draw your signature.
- Click on the draw icon, then draw your signature
- Click on Done.
Your signature is now saved on Adobe Reader. Whenever you require you’re signature on a document or PDF you can just do it.
How to sign PDF documents on iPhone and iPad devices
Follow the steps below to sign PDF documents using your iPhone and iPad devices:
- Open the PDF document you wish to sign
- Select and click on “fill & sign”
- Click on Signature
- Click on Create new Signature to add your signature.
- If you also require the signature of other parties in the documents, select “Customer signature”. The customer signature is a one-time signature.
- You can change the color, thickness, and size of the signature.
There are numerous applications available on the Apple store which could also help you sign PDF documents on your iPhone and iPad.
How to sign PDF documents on iPhone using PDFelement
Follow the steps below to sign PDF documents usingPDFelement for iOS;
- Launch the PDF element for the ios app on your iPhone, search and select the pdf document you wish to sign, and click on it.
- Click on the pen icon on the top menu screen, a new display will be shown where you can draw your signatures.
- After drawing your preferred signature, you can adjust its size and color. Now click on “save”. You’ve signed your PDF document
Conducting businesses and transactions online would require you to sign some documents and forms as part of the legal proceedings. Hence, you need to be able to sign PFD documents on the go, and it’s easy and possible to achieve using your Android, iPhone, and iPad devices. After going through today’s guide, signing any documents online should be an easy task for you, no matter the device you’re currently using.
If you face any challenges using the proposed application for signing the PDF documents you can opt to use the following alternative applications to sign your documents. These applications include; PDF expert 7, Adobe Acrobat, PDF element, Adobe fill & sign, DocuSign, Easy Sign, Sign now, etc.
You can download these applications on your Android and iOS devices, some are even compatible on your personal computers, using these applications, signing documents can be done with ease.