Wondering what Houseparty is or you just want to have an account? Houseparty is a social networking platform that allows group video chatting through mobile and desktop apps. The Houseparty app uses a split-screen to make multiple video-chatting easy between multiple users, adding in a feature that allows for secret chats among participants. On the Houseparty app, users receive a notification when friends are online and available to group video chat. On average, users spend approximately 51 minutes a day on the app in a group or one-on-one chats. If you’re looking for steps to set up a Houseparty account, I’ll be sharing below.
How to set up a Houseparty account
To set up a housefly account, simply follow the steps below.
- Download the Houseparty app from any of the following, depending on your device.
- Houseparty for iOS
- Houseparty for Android
- Houseparty for Mac
- Houseparty for Chrome on Windows
- After installing the app, open it and Tap on “Sign Up”
- Input your email address, full name, and birthday. Type in your preferred username and password. You also have the option to add a profile photo or to connect your Snapchat account.
- After that, you’ll need to verify your phone number. Type in your number then selects “Send SMS.” Houseparty will text you a code to verify your number. Enter it on the verification screen.
- The next series of windows would allow you to add your existing contacts as friends on Houseparty. The app will request permission to access your phone and Facebook contacts to see if anyone you know is already registered with Houseparty. It would give you the prompts individually. In either case, you can either allow the app access or decline it. (Note: If you decline and then change your mind, you can always go back and allow the app to access your Facebook friends or phone contacts later.)
- If you do allow access, Houseparty will give you a list of your contacts who also use the app. Tap on the green “Add” button next to the name of each person you’d like to add to your Houseparty friends, then click “Next.” You may also see a list of people who are Houseparty friends with the contacts you’ve just added (sort of like Facebook’s friends of friends). Again, tap “Add” next to anyone you want to add. You might also get a screen with a list of your phone contacts who aren’t on the app, asking you if you want to invite any of them to the app. Tap the green “Invite” button next to anyone you want to add.
- finally, Houseparty would require permission to deliver notifications on your device and to use your microphone and camera. Tap the circle next to each permission. You’ll get a pop-up window asking you to confirm.
- After that, you’re done and are ready to use Houseparty!
Note: Houseparty refers to friends of friends to its users. You might not recognize some of the people in the “add” list, and they aren’t in your phone contact list either.