Only a few moths after it launched the OPPO A9 in India, Chinese smartphone maker OPPO looks set to following that up with a new OPPO A9 2020. The news first broke earlier this month when the device appeared in a teaser on Oppo Vietnam Facebook page, and now, we have confirmation that it will be launching soon in India too.
As per a recent teaser on its social media account, OPPO India released some basic specs and features od the device as well as its official launch date. The device arrives in India on September 16, though we are not sure if a similar launch will hold in Vietnam on the same date.
OPPO A9 2020 features, specifications
Clearly, the major selling point of the device will be its rear camera setup. The A9 2020 as per the teaser gets a 48MP main camera sensor coupled with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and a 2-megapixel macro lens. It is likely to drop a MediaTek Helio P70 chipset for a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset with up to 8GB RAM, and 128GB of storage. Thatis a big bump over the standard A9 4GB RAM. It will also get a bump in battery capacity featuring a 5,000mAh with reverse charging battery up from the 4,020mAh.
Reports have it that it could come fitted with a 6.5-inch Waterdrop notch screen with the Snapdragon 665 under its hood, while it gets a 16MP camera for selfies in its drop-notch. Other features include EIS and Ultra Night Mode 2.0. for the camera app, Atmos, Dual Stereo Speakers and packs a 5000mAh battery with reverse charging capability.
Read on for the expected specs
PPO A9 2010 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 480 nit brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GBGB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.25″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size with 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size, 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- Dimensions:163.6×75.6×9.1mm; Weight: 195g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos, Dual Stereo Speakers
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, micro USB
- 5000mAh (Typcial) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery
Say hello to #TheNewExpert in town, the #OPPOA9 powered with a 48MP Ultra Wide Quad Camera and coupled with a powerful 8GB RAM & 128GB ROM. With an #UltraWideAngleLens, #UltraNightMode and #VideoStability, this is a device you can’t miss out on. Launching on 16th September, 2019. pic.twitter.com/Yq6n1VP7y9
— OPPO India (@oppomobileindia) September 9, 2019