Vivo’s iQOO gaming sub-brand today at a simultaneous event in India and China launched its latest gaming smartphone- the IQOO 3 5G. The device as expected comes with the SD 865 chipset and comes only as the second 5G enabled smartphone in India. And while the next-generation 5G has yet to fully roll out in India, IQOO is positioning the IQOO 3 5G smartphone as one that won’t necessarily become obsolete until 5G connectivity goes live in the country.
Looking into specific details, the latest IQOO 3 5G comes fitted with a quad-camera setup comprising of a 48MP main sensor at the back. The 48MP sensor from Sony is assisted by a 13MP telephoto lens with 20x digital zoom, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. For selfie, the device gets a single punch-hole for a single front camera.
It is made of a metal-glass design, measuring 9.2mm at its thickest point and weighs around 214 grams, while it is fitted with a 6.44-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) resolution Super AMOLED screen. It is HDR10+compliant, , has 180Hz touch sampling rate, and comes embedded with an optical in-screen fingerprint reader for faster unlock.
As expected, the IQOO 3 5G is powered by Qualcomm’s latest 5G enabled SoC – the Snapdragon 865 chipset with an octa-core CPU coupled with Adreno 650 GPU as GPU. It is paired with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage for you to choose from. It runs on IQOO UI, which is based on Android 10.
iQOO 3 / iQOO 3 5G specifications
- 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 E3 Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with HDR10+, 800 nits brightness, 1200 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, Schott Xensation UP glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with iQOO UI 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 13MP telephoto lens with f/2.46 for up to 20x digital zoom, 13MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, support for macro, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi chip, Hi-Res audio certification
- Dimensions: 158.51×74.88×9.16mm; Weight:214.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4440mAh (Typical) battery with 55W Super FlashCharge
IQOO 3 price, release date, and availability
The iQOO 3 5G will go on sale in India from March 4th, 2020 via Flipkart India, and iQOO.com in Volcano Orange, Quantum Silver, Tornado Black color options. The 4G variant starts at Rs 36,999($515) for the variant with 8GB RAM + 128GB storage, while the top-end version with 8GB RAM + 256GB storage costs Rs 39,990($556). For the 5G IQOO 3 with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, the Oppo sub-brand is asking for ₹44,990 ($626).