iPhone 11 Highlights
- Dual Rear cameras
- Upgraded selfie cam
- spatial audio and Dolby Atmos
- IP68 rated for water resistance up to 2 meters
The popular and cheaper LCD-equipped iPhone XR from the previous year finally has a successor- the iPhone 11. The guys from Cupertino unwrapped the device alongside the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro max at an event at the Steve Jobs Theater today.
iPhone 11 design, display, and Camera
There isn’t much change here in terms of design. The iPhone 11 gets virtually the same design as last year’s iPhone XR – featuring a notch at the front for the Face ID camera, as well as the same 6.1-inch display. The device gets a glass back with a Lightning connector at the bottom edge. The 3.5mm headphone remains missing similar to the iPhone XR. It is IP68 rated for water resistance up to 2 meters.
Apple also threw in a few design change, particularly noticeable at the rear. While last year’s iPhone XR features a single 12-megapixel wide-angle rear camera, the iPhone 11 gets an additional sensor – a 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera that supports 2x optical zoom, and 120-degree field of view. It gets a night Mode for low light conditions, and unlike the iPhone XR, it is turned on automatically on the iPhone 11. It’s Apple’s take on Google’s Night Sight on Pixel phones and Samsung’s latest offerings.
For video, the iPhone 11 now allows you toggle between the ultra-wide and regular camera and there’s support for 4K resolution up to 60 fps, slow-mo, time-lapse, and a new extended dynamic range across both cameras.
Besides the upgraded rear cameras, the iPhone11 gets upgraded front camera featuring a 12-megapixel TrueDepth wide-angle camera up from the 7MP sensor on last year’s iPhone series. Although the front shooter isn’t a wide-angle shooter, the whole essence is to allow you to rotate the device so you can click wider images. Lastly, the front camera also allow you to shoot 4K / 60 video and slow-mo.
The iPhone11 is powered by Apple’s latest A13 Bionic processor, and like every other year, the Cupertino giant claims it’s the “fastest CPU in a smartphone” and also the “fastest GPU in a smartphone.” It did a demo of the performance, though we would have to wait for a real-life test to further affirm Apple’s claim. While it isn’t in Apple’s tradition to disclose its smartphones battery size, the tech giant did claim that the iPhone 11 battery will last an hour longer than the iPhone XR. The device boots iOS 13 out of the box, and the same iOS 13 will roll out to other devices from September 16th.
Apple iPhone 11 specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792×828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 5x
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- 4G VoLTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback
iPhone 11 Price
The iPhone 11 gets a starting price of starts at $699. Pre-orders begin Friday, September 13, and will go on sale September 20 in the first wave of more than 30 countries including the US, Canada, and the UK. Available color options include in purple, green, yellow, black, white, and Red.