If you work from home like most people and organizations around the world now do, chances are that you’ve heard about Zoom, the leading video conferencing software apps on the market right now. While it has its own privacy and security issues, ZOOM is by far the best video conferencing app that enables you to interact with co-workers or employers as in-person meetings are now going into oblivion. Just like other Conference video call services, using ZOOM meeting for your virtual meeting can be fun.
We recently tutored you on how to turn your ZOOM Video call background around with a custom/virtual image, and today we will be taking you on how to easily Schedule ZOOM meeting, and have participants joining your meeting room. The scheduling feature peculiar to ZOOM, Microsoft’s Teams also has a similar feature that enables you to schedule meetings ahead.
But before that, we will need to be sure you already have a good idea of how to start a meeting in Zoom. Once you fire on your ZOOM mobile or Desktop app starting a meeting is as simple as it gets:
- With Zoom open,
- Tap on the orange New Meeting button.
- On doing that, the app will ask you grant access to its mic and camera for first-time users after which you are taken to the meeting room.
- Right there you will see options like the security, screen sharing tab, and of course the invite tab.
Inviting people to ZOOM meeting
Inviting people to your Zoom meeting is as simple as sharing your URL with them for meetings that are already on. How do you invite friends, family members, and co-workers to a meeting coming up at a later hour? Well, just like Microsoft Teams, ZOOM allows you to schedule meetings and send invitations in advance as well.
How to schedule a ZOOM meeting
Zoom offers multiple methods to schedule a meeting including the option to even schedule with simple web browser plugins.
- Schedule from the Zoom desktop client or mobile app
- Schedule from the Zoom Web Portal
- Schedule from a plugin (Chrome, Outlook, Firefox)
- Schedule for someone else – PDF Guides for Executive Assistants
Schedule from the Zoom desktop client or mobile app
- Open your Zoom client and sign in to Zoom.
- Click on the Schedule icon.
- This will open the scheduler window. Name your meeting by inputting the meeting title, in the Topic field accordingly.
- Select your meeting settings including; time, date, and duration for your meeting and decide whether joining participants will be required to input a set password before joining your scheduled meeting, which kind of calendar invite will be sent, and tweak audio and video settings. Do note that ZOOM currently only allows 40mins non-stop meeting for its free version.
Also as part of the basic setting, you are expected to choose from the following options:
- Video: Host and Participant video appearing when joining a meeting
- Audio: Telephone, Voip Only or Both
- Select which Calendar type you wish to create the invitation with. Once it’s added to your calendar, you can send invitations from there, or you can copy the invitation from Zoom to send in an email manually.
How to Schedule from Zoom Web Portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Meetings, and click Schedule A New Meeting.
- Set the meeting settings as required, and finally click Save to finish