If you’ve received an android game from your friend’s Android device, then you may have experienced occasions where the game requested you to install some added data or files. Most of these files come in Zip format. Zip files are compressed files that contain several other files within. Some android devices do not provide the unzip function, which makes it impossible to open .zip files directly from the file manager.
If you don’t know how to open zip files on an android device, it means that you may miss out on high-end games and sophisticated apps. Here in this article, you will learn a simple method that you can apply if you want to open a zip file on your android phone. Alright, let’s jump in.
Here is How to open it. Zip files on android.
There are several methods you can use to open a zip file on your android device. However, the method you will learn here is a straightforward method that anyone can use. It only requires you to download an app from the play store, and you will be ready to unzip any file. The name of the app is the ES explorer. The app is a multidimensional file manager that has several in-app functions. One function that comes pre-installed in the app is the unzip function that allows you to extract any zip file on your android phone and copy it to any location you want. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get it done.
- Launch Google play store and search for Es Explorer in your search bar.
- Once you locate the Es Explorer, install and enable the app.
- When the installation is completed, launch the app.
- On the landing app’s page, you will see two storage icons, if you have secondary storage on your android device. However, you don’t have an SD card, you would only see one storage icon.
- Click on the storage that contains the zip file you want to unzip.
- Navigate to the file you wish to unzip and click on the file
- Wait, a moment While es explore loads the unzip function. Once the zip file opens.
- Hold down the content that you wish to extract. Options would appear below the screen.
- Click on the extract option.
- A pop-up menu would appear on your screen.
- Click on choose path.
- Click on the storage you wish to save to
- Navigate to the folder that would be the destination of your file and select the fold
- click on ok
- click on ok again
The extraction would start, and you close the file.
The second method you can use to open zip file on android
The second method to follow is if you are more confident with products by google. Use files by google. Files by Google is a file manager app created by google for android devices. It functions the same way as Es explorer explained earlier.
- Launch your play store and type “files by google” into the search bar.
- Click on files and click on the install button. Once the app is installed,
- open the app and click on continue.
- Grant permission to the app to read your files. The app would load all your files.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on browse.
- Navigate to the file you want to unzip
- Click on the file. All the content of the file would display on your screen.
- Click on extract and wait a few seconds.
- Once done, it would display all the extracted content on your screen.
- Click on done.
Now you have your files in the same folder where the zip file is.
After you unzip a file, you can delete the zip file because the content on the file is the same as the content in the unzipped folder. However, for the sake of backup, you can send the zipped file to cloud storage or your google drive. A crucial point to note is that you ensure there are no zipped files within the zipped files. Extraction would only work for one zip file at a time. If zipped files are within a zipped folder, you need to extract the zipped files separately.