Here is a step-by-step guide on how to download Instagram reels videos.
Sometimes when you go online, you often find videos you love, and most times, you often want to keep them saved on your mobile device for future references.
On other occasions, a celebrity you admire so much sends a video online, and you just want to keep it forever.
Now, what about Instagram Reels?
Must Read: How to Create, Share, and Watch Instagram Reels
There are some Instagram reel videos that keep you so high that you just want to download them immediately. But Instagram does not provide a download function on its app.
What should you do then?
You important to know first that installing third-party video-download apps on your phone is unsafe.
Some of these apps come with hidden features that allow them to scrape your information without your knowledge. If you are using one of these apps already, we strongly advise that you uninstall it to better protect your information.
Note that all the procedure we’ll be reviewing in this article is completely web-based.
Web apps are more restricted than downloaded apps.
They can only collect a few pieces of information in your browser, which is less threatening to your privacy. With that said, let’s dive right in and learn how to download Instagram reels videos.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Download Instagram Reels Videos
- Launch Instagram
- Scroll to the Instagram reels video you wish to download
- Click on the three dotted icon at the bottom left of your screen
- Select copy link
- Launch your browser and search “Instagram video downloader” in your browser if you don’t know any reliable downloader to work with. However, you can try instavideosave.net
- Enter the link you copied into the space provided on the landing page of the video downloader.
- Press enter or click on the search button depending on the tool you use.
- The video you wish to download would display on your screen with download options beneath it.
- Click on download, and your download will start.
Note that some video download web apps may throw some pop-up ads or notifications on your screen.
Ignore all of it.
This is how they generate income to keep their platforms alive.
Once you have gone through with your download, close the page and check the video in your download manager.
Now you have the video you crave for in your gallery and it’s time to enjoy the fun.
But, what if you don’t want to clog your phone with downloaded videos?
Must Read: How to restore deleted Instagram Posts
Let’s just say all you want to do is simply save the videos on reels and watch them some other time.
How to Save Videos on Instagram Reels Videos and Watch Them Later
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile phone and go to reels
- Scroll to the reel video you wish to download
- Look close to the bottom of your screen and you will see a three-dotted icon
- Click on the icon and you will notice a pop up on your screen
- Click on save, which comes last in your list of options
- You will get a notification on your screen telling you that the video has been saved
How to View Your Saved Instagram Reels Videos
- Go to your Instagram profile by clicking on the small icon at the bottom right-hand corner of your phone, while in the app
- Click on the three-line breadcrumb button at the top of your screen to the right corner. A menu will pop up
- On the menu, click on save
- On the page that loads, click on all posts.
- You will find all the reels videos that you have saved.
Must Read: How to Remove or Hide Reels on Instagram
Note that you can not share or view saved reels videos offline.
The save function only works within the Instagram app. Thus, it only functions when you are online.
That being said, you can not show the saved videos to your friend unless you launch your Instagram app and connect to the internet.
Videos you download from Instagram reels are not yours, and thus, you will need to use them cautiously.
Also, it is not safe to install a third-party download app on your Android phone.
This may hurt your privacy, and unscrupulous people may collect your data and the data of people close to you.