With TikTok facing a bleak future in the States, a number of users have stormed the net in search of a possible and reliable TikTok’s alternative. Instagram Reels is the go-to alternative, as it is a copycat of TikTok which apparently is very popular among Gen Z. If you are in the states, here is a detailed guide on how to Create, Share, and Watch Instagram Reels.
Facebook-owned photo and video-sharing social networking service – Instagram recently rolled out a new feature that is aimed squarely at well known Tiktok. Dubbed the Instagram Reels, the new feature allows users to record and 15-second clips set to music on Instagram. Unlike the Instagram Stories, Instagram Reels allows you to create multiple short videos, add captions as well as hashtags, edit the video thumbnail (including adding a cover from your camera roll), tag your friends, and select where you want it to be shared.
Before we delve into how to create Instagram Reels, here is a bit of inf on how Reels differ from Instagram stories, and the popular Tiktok. Reels from Instagram is not in many ways different from Tiktok. Both are meant to share short creative clips, But while Tiktok is a standalone app, the Instagram Reels in a feature if the Popular Facebook-owned Instagram.
Here are a few difference between Instagram Stories and the new Instagram Reels;
- Reels offers a wider variety of editing tools, including AR effects, speed controls for speeding up or slowing down audio and video, and the ability to align multiple clips for cleaner transitions.
- Reels can be shared with Instagram’s Explore feed (as long as your account is public) so people who don’t follow you can find them—a perk for people who want to build a following.
- If you include original audio, your audio will be attributed to you, and other users can include it in their own reels.
How to create an Instagram Reel
Creating and uploading Instagram Reels won’t be a very difficult task if you have or if you are used to the popular TikTok and even Instagram stories. It is worth noting that your Reels are visible to the entire public if your account is public. If it’s private and someone shares your video, only your followers will be able to see it. You can also mention others in the caption of the video. Reels shared with your story will only be there for 24 hours.
The very first step in creating Instagram Reels is to first open up your Instagram app. This must be the latest and updated Instagram app on iOS or Android.
Open your Instagram camera the way you would when making Instagram stories, or tap the camera icon in the top left corner.
Click on Reels next to Boomerang, Superzoom, hands-free, and layout.
You can now proceed to edit your clip using Instagram Reel’s suite of editing tools, including adding audio, text, or other effects. Augmented reality effects are an option, too.
Post your video to your Instagram page. For this, you have the option of posting your Reels to your
Reels Feed, Your Feed, Your Instagram Stories, or directly to your friends if the lip is a personalized one.
And Just in case you already have already made clips on your device, you can directly upload them your Instagram Reels. This you can do by;.
2. Swipe right to open the Instagram camera.
3. Choose Reels at the bottom of the screen.
4. Swipe up to pull down your camera roll.
5. Select the video you want and use the trim option if needed.
6. Edit your video by adding audio, text, or other effects.
7. Publish the video on your Instagram feed or story, or save it as a draft.