Do you own an Apple TV? And would like to change the default language settings but you’re facing difficulty in changing the language? Then you are lucky as today’s guide explains the step you will need to take to change the default language on your Apple TV.
Apple TV is a small network appliance and entertainment device that can receive digital data for visual and audio content such as music, video, video games, or the screen display of certain other devices, and play it on a connected television set or other video display. Improvements, innovations, and additions to Apple TV have made it stand out as one of the most popular streaming devices.
To use the Apple TV, you will need :
- A high-definition or 4K TV with HDMI
- An HDMI cable to connect Apple TV to your TV (for 4K HDR, you may require a compatible Ultra High-Speed HDMI cable, sold separately)
- Access to an 802.11 wireless network (wireless streaming requires 802.11a, g, n, or ac) or an Ethernet network and broadband internet
- An Apple ID for purchasing and renting, downloading apps from the App Store, and using Home Sharing
To take full advantage of Apple TV 4K’s audio and visual capabilities, you will need a TV that supports 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision, and a sound system that is Dolby Atmos-compatible.
When setting up your Apple TV for the first time, you pick the language (default language) But what if some circumstance requires you to change the set language?
Once we select a default language for our Apple TV, it’s highly unlikely that we’ll change it. But it is possible for others (guests, friends) using your device (Apple TV) who speak a different dialect, Or if you’re bilingual, or if you move to another country whose language is different from the selected language. Then there’s a need to learn how to change the language on Apple TV.
Luckily, it’s easy to change the language on your Apple TV after setup, here’s how.
How to change language on Apple TV
- Click on Settings app on your home screen to open it on Apple TV.
- Select General
- Scroll down to Language and Region section.
- Click on Apple TV Language to choose a different language.
You can now hit the menu button on your Siri remote to return back to home screen.
How to change language on Apple TV (app)
- On your Apple TV, smart TV, or streaming device, select a video to play in the Apple TV app.
- When the playback has started, swipe down or click on the down button on your remote, on a third generational Apple TV, hold down Select on your remote for a few seconds while a video is playing to display the
- Select the
- Choose your desired
After carefully carrying out the outlined steps you have successfully learned how to change language on Apple TV and can now enjoy your Apple TV in whatever language you so desire.
Apple TV is very interesting, it turns your regular TV into a Smart TV. 4K TVs are still quite expensive, so Apple TV serves as a huge alternative for users on a budget. It can provide endless content streaming from iTunes and other top-notch streaming content providers. Easily discover all your favorite movies and shows from streaming services including Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more. It also supports HDR10, so if you have an HDR-capable TV, you’ll enjoy an improved dynamic range.
Read More! How to Delete apps on Apple TV
Another reason to get your hands on an Apple TV; Apple TV not only allows you to view streaming apps but also any other app present on your mobile device. The AirPlay feature lets you mirror your full phone or tablet screen on your TV. This is useful if you want to see any non-streaming content from your device on your TV mirroring your mobile device. With a single tap on your iOS device, you can display the image or the video right to your Apple TV screen through the wireless Apple TV connection. The connection is simple and requires no set-up. I hope today’s guide on how to change the language on Apple TV has been of great use to you.