Wondering how to change eBay address? Here’s a quick guide on how to change the address on your eBay account.
eBay is an online shopping platform for auctions and consumer to consumer sales. The eBay service is available in many countries, especially within the united states.
The company makes its money from the charges on transaction fees paid by sellers. eBay allows its users to list their first 50 items every month for free.
Additionally, it takes 10% of the total amount of the sale for every listing, with a maximum fee of $250. This means a buyer doesn’t have to pay any additional charge for buying something auctioned on eBay.
All you need to do is place your order and get your item delivered to your choice of address. However, there is every possibility that after your first purchase, you might have changed address.
You may as well be on a vacation and need to purchase an item from eBay. This guide should come in handy even if you only want an item delivered to you at your workplace.
Before you purchase on eBay, it’s necessary to note that eBay would not allow you to edit your address after placing an order. It is, therefore, necessary to make all required changes to your shipping address before purchasing an item.
You can add and manage two addresses – your primary and secondary shipping addresses on eBay.
Also Read: How to Change Your eBay Name
If you’re on holiday or temporarily living abroad, you can add an international shipping address by selecting a different country.
Managing Primary and secondary addresses as well as attaching foreign addresses can be done from the “Update Shipping Addresses” page on eBay’s website.
How to Change eBay Address
Changing your shipping address on eBay can be done directly on eBay. The steps below explains how to change eBay address.
- On your browser, visit ebay.com and log in to eBay using your correct login details.
- On the top right-hand corner of your screen, hover your cursor above “Hi YourName”.
- On the menu that displays, click on the “Account Settings” link.
- Under the “Personal Info” tab, click on the “Addresses” link to be taken to the addresses page.
To add a new address:
If you don’t have an address added to the eBay account, you can add one from the “Addresses” page using the steps below;
- Click on the “Add” button beside the Shipping Address or Ship from Address to a new address. The shipping address is where your purchases would be delivered to while the Ship from address is for sellers who are shipping out.
- You’ll be required to verify you’re making this change by authenticating your login.
- After that, Enter your new address.
- If you’d like to make this address your primary delivery address, select Save as primary address.
- Click on the “Add” button to save.
To update an existing address:
If you’ve been making purchases on eBay but need to change where the current item you’re purchasing gets delivered to, you can achieve it from the steps below;
- On the addresses page, Click on the “Edit” button next to the address you want to update.
- Update your details to your choice of address.
- Click on “Save” at the bottom of the page.
Additionally, Whenever you enter a new address before checkout, eBay saves it so you don’t have to worry about entering those details again in the future.
Now that’s how to change eBay address. Also, you can always review, add, or update your addresses at any time as long as you don’t have a pending order that is already shipped.
Simply go to Addresses page and Select “Edit” next to the Shipping address to Edit the address you’d like to change. After the Update on your address, remember to click on “Save” to commit your changes.