Discord is a platform designed to allow users, create a community where they can socialize or interact with each other via VoIP, instant messaging, and digital distribution. Discord currently has a total number of 140 million monthly active users. In today’s guide, I’ll be teaching you how to change a Discord profile picture. Read more – How to turn off Discord .
Your profile picture is the public face that every member of a community gets to see. A good profile picture coupled with a good username will reflect how users of a community will rate or interact with you. If you have a Discord handle and you’d love to learn how to change a Discord profile picture, then continue reading to learn how to do this. Read Also: How to block and Unblock someone in Discord.
Before you’d be able to change your Discord profile picture, there are a few requirements that the image you have chosen should meet before you’d be able to use it.
- Your Discord profile picture (also known as an Avatar), is capped at 128×128 pixels. Hence, if you have a larger image you want to upload then you’d have to use Discord’s built-in image editor to resize it.
- The image to be used should be saved with the following extensions .PNG, .JPEG, or .GIF otherwise you won’t be able to use the image.
- Before using any image, ensure that the chosen image doesn’t breach Discord’s terms of service and it is acceptable on the server you are using otherwise you may be banned or removed from the server and if it does breach Discord’s terms of service then you may be banned from the platform.
Now you know the do’s and don’ts about changing your Discord profile picture, let’s dive into how to change a Discord profile picture.
How to Change a Discord Profile Picture
Discord is available to both desktop users and mobile users. Hence, in today’s blog post, I’ll be teaching you how to change a Discord profile picture on desktop and mobile platforms.
How to Change a Discord Profile Picture (Desktop Approach)
Desktop users that use the Discord desktop app, operating under the Windows, Mac, or Linus operating system and those that access the Discord platform directly from their Web browser can easily change their Discord profile picture by following the steps outlined below:
- Open the Discord app on your computer or visit com/app to access the Discord web app with your browser.
- If you aren’t already signed in, sign in to your Discord account and if you are already signed in, skip this step.
- Under the user area, click the gear icon found at the bottom left corner near your profile picture.
- Under the “My Account Tab“, click on “Edit“.
- On your current profile picture, you’ll find an icon on it, click on that icon.
- Select a photo that meets the guidelines or requirements for uploading profile pictures on Discord.
- Once you have selected a preference photo, you’ll have to size it using Discord’s built-in photo editor. Reposition the image on the circular area using your mouse. Note that the part you place on the circular area is the part other members or users of a community will see.
- When you are done, click on Apply.
- Finally, click on Save.
Read Also: How to Record Audio in Discord.
If you followed the steps outlined above correctly, congratulations! You have learnt how to change a Discord profile picture using a Desktop.
How to Change a Discord Profile Picture (Mobile Approach)
For mobile users on the Andriod and iOS platform, the process of changing your Discord profile picture is the same (the looks on the iPhone differs slightly). Hence, if you follow the steps outlined below, you wouldn’t have issues changing your Discord profile picture, whether you use an iPhone or an Android device.
- Open your Discord app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Tap on your profile picture found at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- From the list of options, under User Settings, click on My Account.
- If it’s your first time changing your profile picture on a mobile platform, you’d have to grant Discord permission to access your photos, videos, and camera. You can either select Allow or While using the app to proceed.
- Select your image app.
- Select the desired photo or picture, you wish to upload. Before uploading, there is the option to crop or zoom the image as you deem fit.
- After cropping your image to your taste, click on Save to save changes. If you did not crop your image, go ahead and click on Upload.
- Finally, click the checkmark found at the top right corner of your screen and your picture will be uploaded.
If you followed the steps outlined above correctly, congratulations! You have learnt how to change a Discord profile picture using the mobile Approach.