Samsung mobile has been quite aggressive when it comes to smartphone launches since the year began, bringing affordable and budget devices to its fans locally and in the global markets. The firm recently refreshed its Galaxy A30 and Galaxy A50 smartphones with their respective S variants, and has today dropped one more ultra-affordable smartphone – dubbed the Galaxy A20s.
As the name suggests, the Galaxy A20s is what the A30s and A50s are to the Galaxy A30 and A50 respectively. It comes with watered-down specs at a more affordable price tag. With this strategy, Samsung aims to expand the reach of its Galaxy devices to even more audience who ordinarily can not afford the more pricey Galaxy phone.
The Samsung Galaxy A20s gets a glossy shell with 3D curved plastic coating and is painted in Black, Blue, Green and Red colors. It comes fitted with a triple camera setup and of course a fingerprint scanner at the back. The triple cameras which are vertically arranged come in the form of a 13MP+5MP+8MP with LED flash, supports portrait mode, HDR, panorama and more.
The device flaunts a 6.4-inch HD+ Infinity-V TFT screen which is obviously a downgrade from the A20 AMOLED display. The Galaxy A20s drops Samsung’s home-made Exynos 7884 chipset for an octa-core Snapdragon 450 SoC clocked at 1.8GHz. The SoC is paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The phone features a triple card slot – a dual SIM slot and a dedicated SD card slot for expansion up to 512GB.
Samsung Galaxy A20s Specifications
- 6.4-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ TFT Infinity-V display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:163.3 x 77.5 x 8.0mm; Weight: 183g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
It gets a large 4,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging, as well as an 8MP f/2.0 selfie shooter with Face unlock. The Samsung Galaxy A20s is already available for sale in Thailand where the 4GB/64GB variant sells at 6,490 Thai Baht/ US$ 212. It is available in Malaysia too where it is priced at RM699. There in Malaysia, it comes with 6 months of screen protection worth RM49 for free.