So I’m guessing you’re trying to fix Sling TV Error Code 4-402, 4-310 or 10-402. With the quick shift to Internet-based media streaming, most TV stations are gradually going out of business. However, some are willing to fight and find themselves properly fitted in the new phase. Sling TV is, however, one of such platforms running app-based TV services. Sling TV as an over-the-top television service, allows you to watch live shows. Wherever you are, at home or on the go, you still stay connected since they are an internet television service.
Although this is an internet-based service, you might have your internet connection fully functional and yet can’t enjoy the service. This might result from an error from yours or Sling’s server-side. So if you’re experiencing any of these following errors, you’ve got good news as I’ll be sharing on How to Fix Sling TV Error Code 4-402, 4-310 or 10-402.
Doesn’t matter if you’re using the Sling Orange for $30 a month with about 30 channels including ESPN, CNN, Disney, TNT, A&E, and Lifetime. Or the Sling Blue that goes for $30 per month, with around 50 channels which sadly doesn’t include everything in Sling Orange. You could still experience the Error Code 4-402, 4-310 or 10-402 on sling TV. So if that’s your experience, here is a fix.
How to Fix Sling TV Error Code 4-402, 4-310 or 10-402
These three errors result from a list of factors. Whichever the case may be, this guide should walk you through it.
How To Fix Sling TV Error Code 4-402
The Sling TV error code 4-402 occurs when there’s something wrong with the software, which is preventing you from playing your content. To fix this error,
Search For The Program
Try searching for your show, movie, or game. If you see the program in your search it means you can still watch the show.
- Click on the search bar on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Type the name of the show and enter to display results.
- If the video shows up in results, Hit the Play button to start playing the selected show.
What is Sling TV Error Code 4-310 and Error Code 10-402
The Sling TV error code 4-310 is an error that occurs when the content you are watching is not available. This error is most common to users on the Chrome app. However, The Sling TV Error Code 10-402 indicates that your content is not available. These two error codes can be fixed by Playing directly from the thumbnail, Restarting the app, Update Sling TV, or Reinstall Sling TV.
1. Play directly from the thumbnail
If you’re experiencing the error 4-310, your best shot is playing from the thumbnail of this video.
- On your device, log in to your Sling TV account – if you’re not already signed in.
- On the main page, hit the Play button on the thumbnail.
- Sling TV should now play your recorded shows without any error.
- Sometimes, restarting a recorded program from the app will clear the error in the browser.
2. Restarting the app
If you’re still experiencing this error after trying to play from the thumbnail, it is advisable to restart your app.
On Android Devices
- Open your device “Setting”.
- Go to “Apps” and tap on “All Apps”.
- Select “Sling TV” from the list of installed apps on your device.
- Tap on the “Force Close” button. On the pop-up dialogue, select “Yes” to confirm the action.
- Close your “Settings” app and reopen the “Sling TV” app.
- The error should be resolved.
On Windows 10
- Right-click on the “Taskbar” and select “Task Manager” from the contextual menu. You can also use the shortcut “Ctrl + alt + Delete” and select “Task Manager”.
- Navigate to the “Processes” tab, scroll down and locate the “Sling TV” app process.
- Highlight the “Sling TV” process and right-click on it.
- In the contextual menu that displays, click on “End Process Tree”.
- This should look for other Sling TV processes that are running and close them all.
- Relaunch the app and the error should be fixed.
On Android TV
- From your Home screen, open your system “Settings”.
- Select “Apps”, look for the “Sling TV” app from the option listed.
- Select the “Force Stop” button to terminate the application.
- Go back and reopen “Sling TV”.
- Everything should start working fine.
On Apple TV
- On your Apple TV remote, press the Home button.
- Scroll through the app and swipe up when you see the Sling TV app.
- Go back to the home screen and relaunch the app.
3. Update Sling TV
Outdated software could also result in the Sling TV error code 4-310. If you’re still experiencing the error after for stopping and restarting the app, try updating.
Updating on Android
- On your android device, open “Play Store”.
- Search and select “Sling TV”.
- If you find an update button, your app needs an update. Simply tap on the “Update” button to install the necessary updates.
- After updating, open the app and check for improvements.
4. Reinstall Sling TV
In some rear occasions, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the app to your device.
On Android Smartphones
- Open “Play Store”.
- Search and select the Sling TV app.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” button. Wait for the app to fully uninstall.
- After uninstalling, tap the “Install” button to install the app.
- When it finishes, open and check for any improvements.
- Launch the “Google Play Store” from your device’s main screen.
- Click the menu icon at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select “My Apps and Games.”
- Select “Sling TV” and select “Uninstall”.
- Confirm your selection by clicking “OK”.
- After uninstalling, reinstall the app.
- From the home screen, highlight the Sling TV app.
- Press the Star (*) button on your remote.
- Select Remove Channel and then select OK.
- You can reinstall the Sling TV app from the Roku Channel Store.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Sling TV app can help fix most errors that are caused by a glitch or bug in the app. A newer version of the app usually comes with bug fixes and performance improvements.