Here in this article, you will learn about how to factory reset an iPhone 13 including the iPhone 13 pro max, or iPhone 13 pro[/wc_box]
So you want to sell your iPhone 13? We often receive iPhones as gifts even after we purchased one for ourselves. You may see the need to give one of your new iPhones to your siblings, friends, family, or loved ones. You may even want to sell the phone and spend the money on something else. But unlike every other phone out there, Apple locks all iPhone devices with an Apple ID to protect your data and privacy.
Apple designed the iPhone to offer full ownership to whoever purchases one. Therefore, before you can hand an iPhone out, you must restore it to factory mode. If not, you stand the risk of leaking your data to whoever has access to your Apple ID.
This article will show you, step by step, how to factory reset an iPhone 13 within minutes. However, you need to note that you should not go through this process unless you wish to restore your device to factory mode. After resetting your phone, it would automatically erase all your settings, data, and content, giving you a fresh iPhone 13. If you Are ready to reset your phone, let’s dive right in.
Follow the process outlined below to reset all iPhone 13 including iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 pro max, or iPhone 13 pro. This method occurs in two phases. The first phase is to remove your iPhone 13 from Find My. Doing so would give the new owner access to the full function of the phone with no need to enter your Apple ID. And The second phase is to factory reset the iPhone 13: removing all your data from the phone and preventing the new owner from gaining access to your data.
Go to settings and locate the apple area where you have Apple ID, iCloud, Media, and Purchases.
Then locate Find My on the menu and click on it. Once the Find My page opens, look to the top, and you will see a menu called Find My iPhone. Check the menu to see if it is on. If it is on, you need to turn it off. Click on Find My iPhone and disable it.
Once you click on the disable button, it would request that you enter your Apple ID password.
Enter your password and then click on turn off; it may take a few seconds to turn it off.
Once you disable the Find My, you have opened an avenue for a new user to use your phone without your Apple ID. It becomes easy to factory reset an iPhone 13. To do so, follow the steps below.[/wc_box]
How to Factory Reset an iPhone 13 from the settings menu
- Go to settings and locate the menu named general.
- Click on general and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Find a menu named transfer or reset iPhone.
- Click on this menu. It would display a page with a title that says Prepare for New iPhone. Beneath the text on the page, you would see a menu that to get started.
Note that it is essential that you transfer your files to a new iPhone or make a backup of all important files before you reset your phone. If you click on the get started menu, it triggers the settings and data transfer process. If you don’t have a new iPhone ready, you can transfer your file to iCloud.
- At the left-hand corner of your phone towards the lowest end of the phone, you will find two menus.
- One says reset, and the other says erase all content and settings.
- Click on the second menu that says erase all content and settings.
- A page would appear with three notifications. Below the notifications, you will find two buttons that say continue and not now.
- If you don’t wish to erase your phone, you can click on it now. However, if you want to erase, click on continue.
- Once you click on the continue button, it would request that you enter your passcode to continue.
- This passcode is the one you entered when setting up your face ID, not your Apple ID password.
- The same passcode you used to unlock your phone any time your face ID refuses to work.
- Once you enter your passcode, it will automatically upload your data to iCloud.
- After it has uploaded the data to iCloud, it will ask you to confirm if you want to erase the phone.
- Click on the menu that says erase the iPhone.
- The Apple logo would appear on your screen with the progress bar loading horizontally across the screen: it may take a few seconds.
- After it has erased the data and setting, it would reboot automatically. Once this process is complete, you have an iPhone with a fresh start. You can delete all content from it and hand it out.
Don’t do any of this process unless you know for sure that you want to get rid of your iPhone 13. If you factory reset an iPhone 13, you can’t undo it. You can only download your backup from iCloud or your new iPhone. However, if you do it, then follow the steps pointed out above. You should also note that there are other methods of getting this done, but this method is easy and straightforward. Try it.