If you’re quite observant on Facebook, you’ll notice the comments on some posts don’t show up in the order they were posted. This is due to the Facebook comment ranking feature and I’ll be sharing How to Enable Comment Ranking for Facebook Posts.
Facebook can be classified as a social network for everyone. A home for brands, public figures, companies, and lots more. For all these entities, the target is engagement and Facebook seems to understand this. Facebook’s intention is using the comment ranking to make conversations in public posts a lot more meaningful.
The Comment ranking system will evaluate comments and prioritize comments relevant to users. The comments with more likes or replies, comments from friends, or verified profiles and Pages would always appear at the top. Facebook aims to improve quality and offer users authentic comments.
Normally, Facebook would enable comment ranking to comments on Facebook pages and on posts from users with a huge amount of followers. However, Users with fewer followers would need to enable comment ranking for Facebook before the comments are sorted because usually, there are fewer comments under their posts.
To use the comment ranking tool, they’ll need to activate it from their account settings, and on this article, I’ll be walking you through the setup on both mobile and PC.
How to Enable Comment Ranking for Facebook Posts
The comment ranking feature on Facebook can be activated on profiles and pages as stated above. Activating the comment ranking for Facebook profile posts can be done on both mobile and PC. The mobile activation process is the same on the Facebook app (Lite and Main) as well as the mobile web page. However, at the moment, users cant enable or disable comment ranking for their Facebook pages using either mobile apps or mobile web pages. They’ll be required to use their desktops to enable comment ranking for Facebook posts made to their pages.
Enable Comment Ranking for Facebook Profiles
As earlier stated, the steps required to enable comment ranking for Facebook profiles differ on mobile and pc devices. Depending on which device at your disposal, you can get rolling with the guide below.
To enable comment ranking for Facebook profiles on your desktop, follow the steps below.
- On any browser of your choice, go to Facebook.com
- Log in using your Facebook account if you’re not signed in automatically.
- After logging in, click on the downward-facing arrow( ) at the top right-hand corner of Facebook’s navigation bar.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy” from the drop-down that pops up and select “Settings”.
- You’ll now be redirected to your account settings page. On the account settings page scroll down and click on “Public Posts” on the column by your left.
- Locate “Comment Ranking” and click the “Edit” link beside it. You can also follow this link to get to the comment ranking settings easily.
- Now, Select “On” or “Off” to turn it on or off, depending on your need.
On Mobile Devices
Facebook has taken out time to ensure continuity in the interface across mobile platforms. To this effect, you’ll find out that what works on your mobile browser would certainly work in apps with little insignificant variations. To enable comment ranking for Facebook profiles on your mobile device, follow the steps below.
- On your mobile device, tap to open your mobile app or go to Facebook.com on your mobile browser.
- Log in using your username and password if you’re not yet logged in.
- Tap on the three parallel lines at the top right corner of the Facebook interface.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings” from the “Settings & Privacy” section.
- In the “Account Settings” page, scroll to the “Privacy” section and tap on “Public Posts”
- Finally, scroll to the end and tap on the “On” option under comment ranking to activate comment ranking.
Note: On mobile browsers, you might a “No Internet Connection, Try Again” error while trying to access the “Public Posts” page. Clicking on the “Try Again” link won’t help you get through this error. However, refreshing the web page would fix it entirely and load the web page.
Enable Comment Ranking for Facebook Pages
Normally, Facebook automatically enables Comment ranking on Facebook pages. However, if you’ve turned it off mistakenly or because you didn’t find a purpose for it earlier, you can easily enable it using the guide below. However, unlike personal profiles, for pages, the settings option doesn’t offer a pathway for users to enable comment ranking for Facebook posts using mobile devices so you’ll need a PC for this.
Additionally, before you’ll be able to turn comment ranking on or off on any Facebook page, you’ll need to be a Page admin. Moderators, editors, or any other page role won’t be able to enable comment ranking for Facebook posts on that page. So, If you’re an admin on that page, lets deep dive.
- Go to Facebook.com and sign in to your Facebook account.
- From your Facebook News Feed, click on “Pages” from the menu at your left.
- Scroll down your list of pages and select the Page you want to enable comment ranking for.
- At the bottom of the menu on the left of your page, click on “Settings”
- You’ll be taken to the “Page Settings” of your page. From the “General” section, scroll down and click on “Comment Ranking”.
- To turn comment ranking on, tick the checkbox next to “See most relevant comments by default” and comment ranking would be turned on. To turn it off, click to untick the checkbox beside “See most relevant comments by default”.
- After selecting your desired option, click on the blue “Save Changes” button to effect the change else the changes would not be committed.
At this point, you should be competent with activating comment ranking for Facebook posts. However, as is our style, I’ll love to leave a tip for users who are not close to PCs but need to activate comment ranking on Facebook pages. Most mobile browsers these days support the use of desktop versions on them.
Although the browsing experience might not be the most pleasant, I believe desperate times call for desperate measures. So if you find yourself in such a position, you can easily activate desktop mode on your browser and continue with the navigation process above.
To Enable Desktop Site in Chrome, Firefox on Android
These two browsers happen to be the most used mobile browsers on Android devices and lucky enough, they share almost similar functionality so you can easily enable desktop views and get along with exactly what you are going for.
- On the mobile browser on Android.
- Open a new tab and tap on the parallel ellipses (the three dots) at the top right-hand corner of the browser to reveal the menu options.
- In chrome, Scroll down and tick the checkbox beside “Desktop site” in Firefox, tap on the “Request Desktop Site” from the menu that pops up.
- Now, type “Facebook.com” in the address bar.
- The desktop site will be displayed on the mobile phone instead of the mobile interface.
Remember, activating desktop sites on one window doesn’t affect other browser windows and you can always turn it off at any time. Have a contribution? Leave us a comment below!