If one should start listing the top-ranking VPNs in the world and fails to mention NordVPN then that listing is incorrect. Today’s article is centered around “how to download NordVPN: set up and install guide for windows”.
What is NordVPN?
NordVPN is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service that is used to surf the Web undetected. This means that even government bodies or your ISP will not be able to trace your connection back to your original location when using NordVPN.
NordVPN is based in Panama and it is developed by NordSecurity, a company that builds cybersecurity solutions. NordVPN has over 5000 servers in over 50 locations and its native app is available to Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Andriod users.
Before you go ahead to download and install NordVPN, some of the benefits you stand to enjoy include multiple connections (of up to 6 devices), site and app unblocking, several VPN protocols, surf the web undetected, it has a no-logging policy, etc.
Downloading and installing NordVPN on Windows PC is not a difficult task, if you carefully follow through the guide, you’ll have the NordVPN up and running in no time.
How to Download NordVPN: Set up and Install Guide for Windows
Microsoft Windows is a graphical operating system, that is developed, published, and marketed (sold) by Microsoft. Just like any other operating system you’d be able to store files, have access to the internet, watch videos, and even play games.
To learn how to download and install NordVPN on your Windows computer, follow the set of instructions below:
- Open any Web browser of your choice. For this guide, a chrome browser was used.
- Go to the NordVPN website.
- Upon entering NordVPN’s website, you’ll find VPN apps at the top middle of the page. Click on it.
- At the top of the page you’ll see Download, click on it to start downloading NordVPN’s Windows app into your computer. The download takes a few minutes, though the time spent downloading depends on your Internet speed.
- The NordVPN.exe file (the NordVPN setup file) will be stored or kept in your downloads folder. Go to your downloads folder and double-click on the executable file to start the installation process.
- After double-clicking on it, a prompt will appear on your screen asking you if you want NordVPN to make changes to your computer. Click on Yes to start the installation process.
- Select where you’d like to install the app on your device and you also get the option of creating a shortcut on your desktop for easy access.
- Wait for the installation to complete and after the installation is complete, NordVPN will automatically launch.
- When the NordVPN opens you’d be required to log into your account. If you don’t already have an account with NordVPN, then you can sign up for one by clicking on the Create Nord Account but if you already have an account, then go ahead and input your email and password to start using the service.
- Once you are signed in and you have NordVPN up and running, you’ll have to select a server to connect to start using their services. If you don’t have a particular server you’d like to connect through then you can click on the Quick connect button found at the bottom of the app.
- When you do this, NordVPN will automatically connect you to the best available server. But if you want to use NordVPN to Bypass a location-based app or website then you’d have to manually server by scrolling through the panel found at the left part of the app. Additionally, you can choose to connect to a country of your choice from the map found in the middle of the app, and once you have decided on a location click on the blue pin to connect.
Also Read: 2022 NordVPN Servers List: Locations, States & Types
Once you have connected to a server of your choice, you’ll see a white NordVPN icon at the bottom right corner of your screen in your system tray.
If you have followed everything down to this point, then you have successfully downloaded, installed, and set up your NordVPN you can now surf the net and conduct other Web-related activities without fear of being watched.