Hulu is one of the most popular subscription-based video streaming services. It is available in the US and is owned and controlled by Walt Disney. You can watch over 60 channels like ABC, ABC The CW, CBS, FOX, NBC, News live, and regional sports networks from NBC and FOX. The subscription plans for Hulu start at $5.99/month. Moreover, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz can be added as add-ons as well. Due to Hulu’s popularity, today’s I’ll be guiding you on common Hulu Error Codes and how to fix them.
Imagine you’re deep in the middle of a captivating Hulu original series or your favorite must-watch shows, and just as you about to approach the best part, everything just crashes. As a Hulu user, this is an occurrence that has happened to the best of us at one time or another and is one of the most annoying and dreadful things that can plague you while you’re watching your show or movie.
Buffering, low video quality, freezing videos, connection errors, playback failure, and skipping are a few and very common Hulu app problems, they all can have a variety of causes. Not to mention the fixHulu Error Code.
Hulu error is often encountered by users while streaming content on their mobile phones or other streaming devices. Typically, the error references a problem with your account information or hardware issues that prevent Hulu from working
Read More: Here’s how to get Hulu free and save hundreds of bucks
There exist dozens of different Hulu Error Codes and most Hulu error messages are not crystal clear in terms of explaining the problem. SomeHulu Error Codes are caused by poor internet connections, while others indicate a certain problem with your device, and some are as a result of hardware issues.
Hulu itself may be experiencing some service disruptions which will result in you receiving a Hulu Error Code, but the messages are usually not self-explanatory and won’t lay it out in plain terms like that. In today’s guide, we will focus on the common Hulu Error Codes and how to fix them, so you can get back to your show or movie quickly, no matter what device you’re using. There are several Hulu Error Codes that you might encounter while using this internet-based video streaming service. The reason for these errors can be due to poor internet connection, or hardware malfunction issues. But, with the help of this guide, you will be able to tweak those errors and watch error-free content on Hulu.
General Troubleshooting Tips for Hulu
If you come across Hulu Error Codes while operating Hulu services, follow the outlined steps below:
- Restart your streaming device.
- Reboot your internet connection.
- Re-install the Hulu app on your device.
- Try connecting to a wired connection if possible.
- Update the Hulu app.
Hulu Error Codes and its Possible Solution
Now, if the above-outlined steps for the Hulu error fix do not work with the problem that you are having then, below is the list of common Hulu errors and how to fix them.
Hulu Error Codes 3 and 5
Hulu Error Codes 3 and 5 are one of the common error that can hinder you streaming, If you come across error 3 or 5 then, you might get one or more of the below-listed error messages:
- Error playing this video
- Sorry, we encountered an error playing this video. Please try restarting the video or select something else to watch.
- We’re having trouble loading this right now
- Please check your internet connection and try again.
- An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.
- Please check your internet connection and try again. Hulu Error Code: -5: malformed data.
- If this problem persists, try restarting your device.
Possible solutions to fixing Hulu Error Codes3 and 5
- Restart your streaming device.
- Reconnect your WiFi connection.
Furthermore, the Hulu Error Code 3 mostly appears when Hulu pushes out a new update. So make sure your Hulu app is always up to date on your device to avoid this error.
Hulu Error Code 400
This Hulu Error Code usually occurs when there are problems with your account information. You might get the below-listed error messages:
- We’re having trouble loading this right now. Check your internet connection and try again.
- Hulu Error Code: 400
Possible solutions to fixing Hulu Error Code 400
The possible procedure to correct this error is to reinstall the Hulu app on your device or by removing or deleting your device from the account and re-adding it later. You can easily remove the device from your account by following the outlined instructions below:
- Open hulu.com.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Account.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Scroll down to the section titled “Watch Hulu on Your Devices“.
- Then, click on “Manage Devices“.
- Locate your device experiencing an error 400, and click “Remove“.
Hulu Error Code 500
Hulu Error Code500 indicates a server error, you will come across Hulu Error Code 500 when there is a server error from Hulu’s end. You might see messages like:
- “There was an error on this page (500 error)”
- “Sorry – We’ve encountered an unexpected error.”
Possible solutions to fixing Hulu Error Code 500
The possible procedure to be carried out in other to fix this issue is to refresh the website or if you are streaming via the app then, reboot the application and see if the problem exists. You can also check in with your internet connection.
Hulu Error Code 16
Hulu Error Code 16 is an invalid region code. When a user tries to access Hulu in a region where it is not yet available then, this Hulu Error Code will pop up. You will see error messages like:
- We’re sorry, currently, our video library can only be streamed within the United States. For more information on Hulu’s international availability, click here.
- If you’re inside the United States and believe you’ve received this message in error, please click here.
There is no particular solution for this error. Hulu video streaming service is currently serviceable in the US only. So basicallyallyoucandoisaccessHulufromtheIPaddressthatiswithintheUnitedStates.
Hulu HDCP error
HDCP means High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection this is a protected content error. It is caused basically when there is a failure in communication between the device or the video source is outdated.
Possible solutions to fix Hulu HDCP error
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your TV and your streaming device.
- Turn off the power source of your Television set.
- Reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and the streaming device.
- Turn ON your TV and see if the HDCP issue is rectified or not.
Hulu Error Code BYA
BYA Hulu Error Code usually occurs when there is a different playback error while streaming videos on Hulu. You will receive the following error messages:
- Error playing this video
- Sorry, we encountered an error playing this video. Please try restarting the video or select something else to watch
Possible solutions to fix Hulu Error Code BYA
If you come to encounter this Hulu Error Code while streaming a video on Hulu, then try streaming a different video on Hulu. If other videos don’t display this Hulu Error Code then, Hulu might be experiencing a partial problem with a limited set of content and will be rectified in few moments.
Hulu Error rununck13
This error signifies buffering and playback issues.
Possible solutions to fix Hulu Error rununck13
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Delete and reinstall the Hulu app
Hulu Error p-dev 320
This issue indicates that there is an issue on Hulu’s end, and it normally occurs when you’re streaming or watching Hulu on your digital media players, like a Roku or Xbox One.
Possible solutions to fix Hulu Error p-dev 320
- Delete the Hulu app and re-download it from the app store and log in again.
- Check your internet download speed from the device you’re using (it should be at least 6 Mbps for Hulu and 8 Mbps for Hulu with Live TV.)
- Disconnect your smartphone or Wi-Fi internet connection from the device you’re using, wait one minute, and then reconnect.
- Reset your Wi-Fi modem.
- Update the Hulu app.
Carrying out these troubleshooting steps should help resolve the error.
Hulu Error 5003
This error indicates a Playback Issue, Since the error is a playback error, it shows that there is a problem with your streaming device or an application issue.
Possible solutions to fix Hulu Error 5003
- Delete and reinstall the Hulu app.
- Restart your device.
- Restart your router.
Ads not loading on Hulu
This error occurs in a situation where the ads displayed on Hulu are not loading or is unable to display in a particular browser you are using, then follow the outlined steps below:
- Head over to your browser.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Extensions.
- And remove the extension.
Moreso, you could just use another supported browser to stream content on Hulu, but if the error still persists, follow the steps below:
- Check if your installed security software is causing conflicts with Hulu.
- See if there are any set restrictions under your Network settings.
So there you have it! You can now successfully fix these common Hulu errors with little or no stress. please feel free to let us know if you encounter any other problems, errors, or issues while using your Hulu.