Ever wondered how you can record a Microsoft Teams meeting session? Microsoft Teams has made it possible for users to record their Teams meetings, group calls to capture audio, video, and screen sharing activity.
You have a meeting, but you are not sure if everyone will be available for the meeting. Why not record the discussion and share it with other participants who can’t make it for the meeting? This way, you would carry all your teammates along, and you won’t have to deal with people working with partial information or dragging you back on essential projects.
Microsoft Teams provide a function that allows you to record your sessions, and you can equally save it on the Microsoft cloud for future references. There are several tools out there that can get the job done. You can use youtube, zoom, google hangout, etc.
But if you choose to use the Microsoft teams for the job, you have chosen a great tool. In this article, you’ll learn How to record a Microsoft teams meeting in quick and easy steps.
If you want to use your mobile device for your meeting session, the process is the same for mobile and desktop. The procedure for both platforms is effortless to execute, and all you have to do is follow the procedure outlined below carefully. Alright, let’s get right into it.
How to record a Microsoft Teams meeting
- Launch Microsoft teams
- navigate to the meeting on your calendar that you want to record
- Click on the meeting to open up details of the meeting.
- Click on the join the meeting button at the top-right of your screen.
- Look to the bottom of the screen, see some icons.
- Click on the three-dot. It would bring up a list of options. Among these options is a red circle that says start recording.
- Click on the start recording option, and the Microsoft team will start recording the meeting. Microsoft teams would display a message to inform participants that the session is recorded.
- When you are done with your meeting,
- click on the three-dot icon and lock through the options that come up to locate stop recording
- Click on the stop recording option. A notification prompt would pop up on your screen asking if you want to stop the meeting.
- Click stop meeting to confirm your decision to quit. The recording session would stop after you confirm the prompt.
- However, if you don’t want to go through this process to end your recording, you can quickly end the meeting, and the recording will end as well.
- The recording would be saved, processed, and stored in the Microsoft stream.
- To view a recorded meeting, navigate to the meeting chat
- Look within the chat interface, and you will find the recorded meeting
- Another option is to use Microsoft stream. Microsoft stream is available at office.com. At office.com, you have the streaming app.
- Locate the app and click on it.
- You will see a streaming interface with options at the top when the app loads up.
- Navigate to my content and click on it. A drop-down menu would appear on your screen.
- Click on the option named meetings. The option would load up a page containing all the meetings that you have previously recorded. You will see a list of options at the top of the screen. Locate my contentHow to Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA301F7
How to share recorded Microsoft team meetings
- Click on the chat function of your Microsoft teams
- Navigate to the recorded meetings click on the three-dot button at the top of the recorded meeting. It would display some options
- Click on the share option. The share option would bring up a link to the recording, and you can send it out through messages, emails, or social media.
When you decide to record a Microsoft team meeting, it is important to notify other participants that you would record the session to prepare their minds for it. Recording a Microsoft teams meeting is not difficult, and it is highly secured. Unlike most streaming platform that doesn’t provide backup options. You can save your session on the cloud and access it from any device anywhere in the world. Now you know how to record Microsoft teams meetings. If you have a break in transmission during your session, ensure you restart your recording because an end in the session would automatically deactivate your recording.