Do you you have an Andriod TV? Have you installed Roku on your Andriod TV? Are you feeling down because you are a little tight on budget and you can’t access your favorite streaming service? In today’s guide, I’ll be teaching you how to Mobdro app on Roku.
What is Roku?
Roku is a digital media player manufactured by the American company Roku, Inc. Roku was first released on May 20th, 2008. Its operating system is Roku OS and it is used to access streaming media content from different streaming devices.
Roku makes it easy for users to watch their favorite movies, sports channels, and TV shows in HD quality. Asides from the quality display, they also offer quality sound to make your streaming experience wholesome and enjoyable. Roku is available in several languages, if you are lucky enough you can watch content on Roku in your local dialect.
Roku also allows users to upload any video of their choice. What does this mean? It means that you can upload a video of your birthday party and relive the experience all over again. It is relatively easy to set up your Roku device because it has a friendly user interface. It can be connected to your TV via Wi-Fi connection or Ethernet.
What is Mobdro?
Mobdro is a software application that allows users to stream free videos on their Andriod device. Mobdro does this by continuously searching YouTube for the best videos and then offers those videos to users in one place in the form of links. With Mobdro you can easily discover various streams that cut across different subjects and different languages.
Mobdro can be used on any device running on Andriod 4.2 and higher versions. The content on the app are segmented into categories which include channels, shows, news, etc.
Mobdro has a download option which is basically a screen recorder. You can choose how long you’d like to record your screen while playing the video. In today’s guide, I’ll be teaching you how to install Mobdro app on Roku.
Features of Mobdro
Mobdro has a lot of features users stand to benefit from when they use the app and they include:
- You stream videos for free.
- It supports videos on different languages and topics.
- Videos you enjoy can be easily referred to friends with just a single tap.
- You can bookmark your favorite videos.
- Videos on the app can be filtered on a basis of language and topic.
- All the videos on the app are segmented into categories.
Roku and Mobdro
The joy of using devices like Roku stems from the fact that you can have access to several streaming services like Netflix on your smart television but the issue a lot of people face is that those streaming services are not free and can become a problem when you are tight on funds. Mobdro is an Andriod application to lets people stream video content on their Andriod device for free.
Is it possible to install Mobdro on Roku?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to install Mobdro on your Roku device because the app is built to run on Andriod devices running on Andriod 4.2 and later versions. Even though Roku and Andriod both operate with Linux-based systems, the Andriod system is modified differently and this means that you won’t be able to run APK files on your Roku device. Don’t give up just yet, there is still a way around it thanks to “Screen Mirroring” you’ll be able to watch Mobdro on your Roku device.
How to Watch Mobdro on Roku Using the In-Built Screen Mirroring Feature
The screen mirroring feature is available in most Andriod devices running on Andriod 4.2 and later versions. For some brands the name it goes by may differ, for example on Samsung devices it is called Smart View and this feature is capable of connecting your device to any miracast enabled device. For Huawei devices that feature is called Wireless Projection.
Before you’d be able to use Mobdro on your Roku device, there are a few requirements you will have to meet and they are:
- An Andriod device running on Andriod 4.2 or any other higher version.
- Download Mobdro
- A Roku device.
- A stable Internet connection. It is recommended that both your device and the Roku device are on the same wireless network.
Once you have met all the requirements above, before you’d be able to use miracast (Screen Mirroring) on Roku you’d have to enable it otherwise you will not be able to connect your Andriod device to your Roku device. To enable the feature, follow the steps outlined below:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to System.
- Select Screen Mirroring and then select the Screen Mirroring Mode.
- A window will appear, on that window, select the Prompt option to always receive a prompt when an unknown device tries to mirror their screen unto your device.
Now you are all set and ready to start using Mobdro on your Roku device. The remaining steps will be carried out on your Andriod device. For every Andriod device, you will not be able to download applications outside of Play Store to able to do so, you will have to allow Third-party apk file installation, and to do this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the Security option found on the settings menu.
- Locate the Unknown Sources Checkbox and tap on it to enable it.
- Now, tap on the Mobdro link above and you’ll be redirected to a page where you can download the Mobdro app.
- On the site, tap on the Download button to download the app.
Wait for the app to download and install, this usually takes a few seconds or minutes depending on your Internet connection.
Streaming Mobdro from your Android device
Now you have successfully downloaded and installed Mobdro on your Andriod device, follow the steps listed below to learn how to cast the content on your Andriod screen onto your Roku device.
Open the Mobdro app on your Android device.
Go to your Screen Mirroring option and tap on Cast. You can also do this by going to Settings, then tap on Connected devices and finally tap on Cast.
For Samsung devices, you’ll find the Smart View option on your Notification center. Swipe down from your Notification panel and tap on Smart View.
- For Huawei devices, go to Settings.
- Tap on More connections.
- Finally, tap on Wireless Projection. You can also access the Wireless Projection option from your Notification bar.
Your device will now search for other compatible devices sharing the same network as you. Tap on your Roku device for the list of options available to you.
A prompt should appear on your TV screen informing you that a device wants to connect to your screen. Select the Accept button on your screen and your phone’s screen will be mirrored on your Roku TV.
Now you can enjoy free movies, news, sports, and just about anything you love watching for free with Mobdro on your Roku device.
Asides from using the built-in screen mirroring feature on your Andriod device, you can also mirror your screen using a Third-Party app. There are several apps you can use to achieve this but for this guide, I’ll be teaching you how to use the All Screen Andriod app to mirror your screen.
How to Watch Mobdro on Roku Using an App
Not every Andriod device has the in-built screen mirroring feature and this is true for Pixel devices. So if you own a Pixel device and you can’t find the Screen Mirroring feature or any other device that doesn’t have this feature then you can use a Third-Party app to mirror your screen onto your Roku device.
Before you’ll achieve this, there are a few requirements that are to be met and they are:
- Your device should be running on Andriod 4.2 or higher versions.
- Download the All Screen Andriod Follow the steps outlined above to allow Third-Party apk installation on your device if you have not already done that.
- Download the Mobdro App here
- A Roku device.
- A stable Internet connection. It is recommended that both your device and the Roku device should be connected to the same wireless network.
If you have met all the requirements above requirements, follow the sets outlined below to mirror your Andriod screen onto your Roku device.
- Enable Screen Mirroring on your Roku device.
- Open the All Screen Andriod App on your Android device.
- It will automatically search for available devices on the wireless network you are connected to. Select Roku from the list of available devices.
- On your TV you’ll see an option to Add Channel. Select the option and your device will be paired to your TV. Once both devices have been paired, you will no longer have to carry out this step.
Now, minimize the All Screen Andriod app and launch the Mobdro app and select a movie of your choice. Once the movie starts playing, it’ll appear on your Roku TV.