If you are reading this article, it means you also want to learn how to Download Vimeo Videos
There are hundreds of video-sharing platforms on the internet, including Vimeo and YouTube. However, Vimeo presents a valuable avenue for professional video experts to share their expertise without getting jeopardized by video compression algorithms. Vimeo, unlike other streaming services, preserves the qualities of content shared on their platforms. This quality preservation feature has made it a preferred video-sharing platform for professional content creators. One downside of the platform, however, is downloading videos from Vimeo.
If you are reading this article, it means you also want to learn how to Download Vimeo Videos. This article shows you two straightforward methods that you can use to download Vimeo videos. You also need to know that these methods work for YouTube videos and several other similar video-sharing sites. But before we get into the details, there are a few things you need to know:
- You need to know that some videos on Vimeo are not available for download. Therefore, you might encounter instances where you cannot download some videos no matter the method you apply. These types of videos are copyrighted and if you download such videos, it would amount to an infringement on the rights of the creator.
- Most videos on Vimeo are shared properties of the creators and the platform. If you download any video from the platform, limit it to personal use only. Any commercial use or illegal distribution of other people’s content can lead to legal issues.
With that said, let us dive right in and learn how to download videos from Vimeo.
How to Download Vimeo Videos using: En.Savefrom.Net
Savefrom.net is an online tool that you can use to download videos from streaming websites like YouTube or Vimeo. The steps below outline the process you can follow to download any video from Vimeo: provided such video is available for download.
- The first step is to visit Vimeo.com and browse the video you want to download. Note that, unlike YouTube, Vimeo does not have a sophisticated search tool. Therefore, users need to know how to navigate to the video they want to download. In most cases, you do not need to sign up or log in to watch the videos on Vimeo. Most videos are available to the public. Once you land on the site, click on the watch button, and you can enjoy as many videos as you wish to watch on the platform.
- As soon as you identify the video you want to download from Vimeo, copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser. Most video URL on Vimeo looks like this: https://vimeo.com/622025996. Ensure that the URL is correct to avoid an error message when you want to download the video.
- Once you have the URL of the video, visit https://en.savefrom.net. On the landing page of safefrom.net, you will see a large text field that says; paste your video link here.
- Enter the URL of the video you copied into this field, e.g., https://vimeo.com/622025996. After that, paste the video link, push the enter button and wait for a few seconds.
- A thumbnail of the video you want to download would show on your screen below the search bar. The thumbnail would have a download button to the right. This thumbnail usually carries the image of the video you as it appears on the Vimeo thumbnail.
- If the video is copyrighted, you will receive an error message when you hit the enter key. 99% of the time, you would not get an error message.
- However, If you receive an error message when entering the URL, check the URL and ensure it is correct.
- If the error persists, even after you cross-checked the link, it means that the video is copyrighted, and you may not be unable to download such video no matter the method you apply; unless you wish to use a black hat method. Respect the wish of the owner of the video; do not download such a video.
- The video thumbnail displayed on your screen would have a download button. Beside the download button, you would see a drop-down menu from which you can choose the file type and file quality you want.
- Click on this drop-down button to see the various qualities available. It is best to choose the highest quality available, usually between 720px and 1020px. If these qualities are not available, choose the 240px and 360px. These are the best qualities available on the internet. The HD quality is also much preferred. Once you are satisfied with your choice, click on the download button, and the download will start immediately.
How to Download Vimeo Videos: Using IDM.
For this method, you would need the internet download manager (IDM). The advantage of this method is that it is a one-click method where you can download any video, audio, podcast, webpage with just one single click. Once you play a video or audio anywhere on the internet, IDM would ask if you wish to download the file. It is not only a tool for downloads, it also helps you manage the downloaded files, grouping them according to file type in your download folder. The downside to this method is that it only works for PC users and not for Mac users.
To use this method, Visit https://secure.internetdownloadmanager.com/buy_idm.html. You would land on the purchase page of IDM. On this purchase page, you would see various download plan. The page would request that you pay a few dollars for a one-year or lifetime access to the tool. However, if you have a friend or family that paid for multiple PC access, you can get this app from friends and family for free. The file size is usually between 8-12 MB.
Once you have the IDM installed on your PC, an installation wizard would show you how to integrate the extension into your Chrome or Firefox browser. Without this extension, this method would not work. Follow the instruction in the installation wizard and it will guide you on how to install the extension. As soon as you complete the installation, turn on the extension and grant any requested permission. Once you do this, navigate to the video you wish to download from Vimeo and click on play.
Once the video plays, look around your screen, and you will find the IDM button requesting if you wish to download the video. You will often find more than one IDM button on your screen. Click around to see the one that helps you download the file you want to download. You need to know that when you click on the download button, a drop-down menu will pop up displaying all the qualities of videos you can choose. Similar to safefrom.net, It is best to choose between 720px and 1020px qualities. If you do not find this kind of quality, you can choose 240px to 360px. Any lesser quality would be blur and poor. You also need to pay attention and ensure you choose HD as well. The HD qualities are some of the best video qualities you can find.
Now that you know how you can download videos from Vimeo, jump online, navigate to the video you want to download, and kick off your download. The only question for you now is; how many videos would you like to download? And what is stopping you from doing so right now? These methods are easy, simple, and seamless. You can get through with any of it in less than 10 minutes. If you still have questions, do not hesitate to ask, and you will receive a response as soon as possible.