PS5 Error Codes: CE-105799-1 and CE-113212-0
If any of the above PS5 error codes should pop up on your screen, it means that your console was unable to connect to the server. To fix these PS5 error codes, follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Go to PSN (PlayStation Network) page and check if any server failure or maintenance is ongoing.
- If the PSN page is fine then try restarting your PS5 and use a wired connection. If it’s not possible to use a wired connection, then take your PS5 console closer to your router or remove anything capable of disrupting your connection between your router and your console.
- If you are still experiencing the error code, then turn off your router and wait for at least 5 minutes before restarting it.
- You should also try updating the firmware of your router. If you don’t know how to do this already, then contact your router vendor for guidance on how to update it.
- If all the above fixes don’t work, there are still a few things you try. Try opening the ports. TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480, and UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 – 65535. Again if you don’t already know how to open these ports then contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Additionally, in your network settings, you can manually set it up a static IP address and improve it.
- You can also this PS5 error code, by changing the DNS settings temporarily. To do this, go to Settings, then select DNS settings. Now, configure your network settings based on the number of free public DNS that are open to the public by companies or organizations.
Finally, if after trying all the fixes above and nothing seems to work, then the line may be temporarily down and in such a case the only thing to do is to wait it out and try again later.
PS5 Error Code: CE-108255-1
If you start experiencing this error code, know that it means that something has gone wrong with the app or game.
If you experience this error code whole using a particular app or playing a particular game, you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and check if the error has been fixed. If you experience this error on every app and game on your console, then contact PS5 customer service because there is no known fix for this error code at the moment.
PS5 Error Codes: CE-107520-5, CE-108889-4, NP-102944-0, and NP-102945-1
This PS5 common error code represents “Please install the latest software“. This is an easy fix, so if you are experiencing this error code, follow the steps outlined below to upgrade your PS5 software.
Connect your PS5 to the internet and then update it to the latest system software available. Alternatively, you can download the PS5 system software into a USB drive or a game disc. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the software update.
PS5 Error Code: CE-108862-5
Once you start experiencing this error code, it means that the PS5 is unable to connect to other servers. Most of the time, it’s a problem with connecting to the server of the game rather than your PSN.
To fix this, go to your PSN page and check if it’s undergoing any maintenance or failure and if it is then you’d have to wait for PlayStation to complete its maintenance. If PSN is fine after checking, the problem is most likely from your game and in such a case there isn’t much you can do because the problem can only be resolved by the game developer. It’s common for games to have downtimes. Hence, if it’s a simple problem it’ll be resolved quickly.
PS5 Error Codes: CE-108360-8 and CE-111161-1
If you should experience these error codes, it means that there is a problem with the connection status of your HD camera and PlayStation camera. To fix these error codes, follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Check the connection status of your PlayStation camera and HD camera. For the PlayStation camera, make sure you are using the dedicated adapter that’s compatible with your PS5 and also ensure you are using the correct connection method.
- Ensure that your room is well lit.
- Adjust the camera’s angle to allow for proper functionality.
- You can also review the camera settings on your PS5 for any further action.
PS5 Error Code: CE-107857-8
This error code often occurs when you are installing a game. In some cases, the game will be stuck in the download queue and for others, you’ll experience frequent crashes. Several users have also reported that a game could just freeze up during gameplay or stop downloading for me reason.
Why am I experiencing this?
- You can experience this error when you are trying to update a game using a damaged disc or you improperly download the game and try to run the installation.
- It could result due to incompatibility issues with the PS5 system. Most game manufacturers haven’t properly coded their games to be compatible with the newest PS5 system software.
- Some fundamental files in your PS5 could be missing and this could result in the error code you are experiencing.
- Lack of storage space on your PS5 system.
- Abrupt power problems or unreliable power feeding could result in the PS5 system behaving abnormally.
- Issues with the system cache.
To fix this error code, follow the instructions outlined below:
- Try freeing up more space on your PS5 system before attempting to install the file again. The reason for this is because the PS5 console needs 15 – 20% of your storage capacity to be free to function optimally.
- Rebuild the PS5 database. Before you can rebuild your PS5 database, power off all attached devices such as controllers, Bluetooth headsets, USB storage drives, etc., because they could interface with the device startup. To rebuild your PS5 database, follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Turn off your PS5 console. You can do this by holding the power button for three seconds.
- Once the console is turned off, hold the power button again but this time, release it after you hear the second beep. (The second beep comes 7 seconds after you have heard the first beep). Doing this will restart your PS5 in Safe Mode.
- Connect the controller to your PS5 using the USB cable and press the PS
- Select Rebuild Database.
- Now you’ll have to wait until the rebuilding is complete. Once it’s complete, restart your PS5 and check if the error code has been cleared.
- If you are still experiencing the error code then try updating your firmware. To do this, go to Settings, then System Update, and finally select check now to ensure you are using the current or updated firmware.
- In a bid to fix the error code, you can also try restoring your PS5 firmware. Go to Settings, then Users and Accounts, select Others, and finally Restore Licenses.
- If you have previously disabled sharing and online play. Re-enable it as this is a potential reason why you are experiencing this error code. You can do this from Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > enable console sharing and online play.
- You can also reset your network settings. To do this, navigate to Settings > Select Devices > press Options (the box with three dots next to the Wireless Controller). Select the Settings on the right side then scroll down to Network and select Set Default Setting. Finally, select Restart PS Now.
- Try resetting your router and redownloading the game.
- Try resetting your PS5 system. You should only try this as a final resort if none of the above methods seems to work for you because doing this will erase everything on your console. To do this, go to Settings > System Software > Reset Options > Reset your console > Reset.
Hopefully, this should fix the error code you are experiencing.
PS5 Error Code: CE-117722-0
Having you starting seeing the error code CE-117722-0 on your screen? If you have then it represents “An error has occurred on PlayStation Now streaming service“. To fix this error code, follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Carry out an Internet Connection Test on PS5 Now to check if the connection environment is capable of streaming games.
- If the connection is okay and you are still experiencing the error code, try restarting your PlayStation 5 and try connecting to the Internet using a wired connection and also configure the network settings again.
- If it’s not possible to use a wired connection then take the PS5 console closer to the router and remove anything that can disrupt its connectivity.
- Turn off your router and modem. Wait for at least 5 minutes before restarting the router. Also, try updating your firmware if it is not currently running on the latest firmware. If you don’t know how to do this, contact your router vendor.
- Try downloading the game again, if it’s downloadable and if there is enough free space on PS5 (more than 15 – 20% of the internal storage).
If you have tried everything and you are still experiencing the error code, then the line may be temporarily busy, hence you’d have to try again later.
PS5 Error Code: CE-112069-9
Anytime you see this error code, know that it’s an error code that relates to data transfer. The message that’ll be shown on your screen is “An error occurred on data transfer via a network“. This error code is quite predominant when transferring data between PS4 and PS5. To fix this error code, follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- If your PS4 and PS5 are connected to a network wirelessly, then try connecting to the network using a wired connection and check if the error has been fixed.
- If that doesn’t work for you then turn off your wireless router and wait for at least 5 minutes before restarting the device.
- If the error persists then try transferring the data by following this method: Go to Settings, then System, and select System Software. Under system software, select Data Transfer.
- Finally, if you are transferring a game saved data only, then use an external device such as a USB or Cloud storage. Additionally, do not use the Network Test feature when the Background Data is in progress, also try not to manually put the PS5 in rest mode during this period.
PS5 Error Codes: CE-110538-8 and CE-100005-6
The people who experience this error code are those that use the disc-based version of Sony’s console. So if you are using the digital version, you don’t have to worry about this error code. You’ll find this error code popping up on your screen whenever there is an issue with the Blue-ray disc that you insert into your PS5 and what it means is the console is unable to read the Blue-ray disc.
To fix this error code, follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Check the disc and ensure that there are no superficial marks on it, which includes a mild scratch, smudges, or fingerprints.
- If that doesn’t work, try a different disc. This is done to ensure that the problem is from the disc and not the console.
- Turn off your PS5 and unplug the power cable before plugging back in again and then check if the error is fixed.
- If the error persists, try restarting your PS5.
- Finally, ensure that the disc is inserted correctly because you will still encounter this error code if the disc is inserted incorrectly.
If you should try the above fixes and nothing seems to work then it’s about time you contact Sony customer support as it could be a console issue.
PS5 Error Code: CE-107649-7
This is another error code that is predominant with disc users. This error code comes with a message that reads “The inserted disc contains data that is different from the installed data“.
You are more likely to experience this error code when you insert a disc that has extra data which could be DLC and that data differs from the data installed on the console.
To fix this error code, you’d have to delete the game and all related applications before reinstalling the game using another disc.
PS5 Error Code: CE-106485-4
Once you start experiencing this error code, it displays “There may be a problem reading the system software or application data” on your screen.
To fix this error code, you’d have to update your PS5 to its latest version, once that has been done, the error code will be fixed.
PS5 Error Code: CE-10028-1
This is one error code that relates to your SSD. Once you start experiencing this error code know that it means that your storage space is not enough to complete your download. When this error code pops up, it displays the message “There is not enough free space on the SSD“.
Fixing this error code is simple as all that’s required of you is to free more space. Before you start freeing up space, verify how much space you have left you can do this from Settings > Storage, then finally, System Storage. Next, start highlighting the items you want to remove from your console, press the Select button and choose Delete to remove those items from your system.
PS5 Error Code: CE-100002-3
The is one of the earliest error codes. It carries a message that reads “Failed to update the application“. This error code is common when there is an issue with installing an application update.
To fix this error code, it is recommended that you update your PS5 to the latest software version before trying to update the application again.
PS5 Error Code: CE-108262-9
This PlayStation 5 common error code, CE-108262-9 appears when your PS5 starts crashing or freezes on various occasions.
So far the only known solution is to try booting in Safe Mood and if that doesn’t solve the problem then you’d have to contact Sony’s customer support.