YouTube and Facebook are fun places while away time with, whether you intend to have fun by watching random videos or educational videos, both platforms have something to feed your eyes with. The only problem with both apps stems from the fact that they don’t let you save videos you have watched or intend to watch later in your internal storage rather it is being saved within the app. If you have been thinking of ways to overcome this particular problem and you don’t know how, well today is your lucky day because I’ll be guiding you with some practical steps to help you learn how to download Youtube videos and Facebook videos.
How to Download YouTube Videos and Facebook Videos
In this guide, you’ll learn how to download YouTube videos on both desktop and mobile devices.
How to Download youtube videos and Facebook Videos on Desktop (For Both Mac Users and Windows Users)
There are several ways to download YouTube videos online, but one of the easiest methods to do so available for Mac users only is using the screen capture tool built-in for Mac users. You can easily access this tool by pressing “command + shift + 5”, to bring up the screen recording options, from which you can either decide to record the entire screen or a portion of the screen, you can also edit the options to include audio from your Mac’s microphone. The downside to this method is that the video recording will have low quality, but you’ll have the video downloaded for sure.
Lucky for you, if you want high-end video quality downloads on your desktop (Mac and Windows users), I might just have what you need and the name of the software you’ll need is the “4K Video Downloader”. This amazing software lets you download YouTube videos with qualities as high as 8K, with the software you are only permitted to make 30 downloads per day although this only applies to the free users as the premium users are not limited by that figure. The following steps below will be showing you how to download YouTube videos and Facebook Videos.
- Download and install the 4K Video Downloader and after which you open the app.
- Find the YouTube video or Facebook video of your choice and copy the link. To copy the link for the Facebook video simply right-click on the video you want to download and choose the Copy video URL at the current time.
- On the 4K video downloader, paste the link in the menu, as the first step to download YouTube videos and Facebook videos.
- From the list of video quality and format, select the most appropriate for you and click Download.
- Once you have finished downloading the video, click on the three-dot icon to enable you to play the downloaded video and also find it on your computer.
With the above steps, you should be able to easily download YouTube videos and Facebook videos on your Desktop.
How to Download YouTube Videos and Facebook Videos Mobile devices
In order to download YouTube videos and Facebook videos, we’ll be making use of an app just like the desktop users, the only downside is that you won’t be able to download the app from Playstore (For Android Users) as Google has the app on lockdown and similar apps like it. So, we’ll have to employ the use of a third-party app like APKPure to down the app, the name of the app is TubeMate.
Follow the following steps below to be able to download YouTube videos and Facebook Videos on your mobile device:
- Download TubeMate and install it on your device. If you are downloading outside Playstore (you can download from Uptodown or Slide ME) for the first time you’ll be required to change your security settings.
- Open TubeMate on your device and search for the video you want to download and for Facebook videos copy and paste the link of the video on the search bar.
- Once you find something you are interested in, tap on the green Download button also tap the green Download button after pasting it to download your video.
- From the list of video quality and format, select the most appropriate for you and tap on the green Download
- To locate a downloaded video tap on the Download list-icon found at the bottom menu or you can simply tap the three-dot icon found at the upper right corner of your TubeMate Menu.
- Tap the Three-dot icon next to a video or other to rename it, save it in a different location, and also perform other actions.
Even though this method is efficient, it still isn’t the most efficient as iPhone users will not be able to use this method because it’ll require a desktop app called Cydia Impactor that’ll request for your Apple credential to generate a certificate for a third party app or you’ll just have to jailbreak your Apple device to access the app route, both of which I don’t advice so the most efficient method I’ll be introducing is to download YouTube videos and Facebook videos using the web version.
How to Download YouTube Videos and Facebook Videos Mobile devices (Web Version)
For this step we’ll be performing the actions differently, I’ll guide you through how you can download YouTube videos using savefrom.net then move on to Facebook videos using fbdown.net.
How to Download YouTube Videos from Savefrom
Follow the following steps to download YouTube videos on both Android and iOS devices.
- Search for the video you want to download on your YouTube app.
- Tap on the video you want to download and afterward, tap on the Share button and finally tap on the Copy link.
- Paste the URL of the video you want to download at the empty bar located at the top of the page.
- Next, tap on the download button next to the bar.
- Select the desired format and have the video downloaded into your device.
How to Download Facebook Videos from Fbdown
Follow the following steps to download Facebook videos on both Android and iOS devices.
- Open the Facebook video you wish to download, you can perform both actions in either the Facebook app or web version.
- Copy the link to the video. On the app, you can do this by simply tapping the share button and then copy the link while on the web mode, copy the link on the URL bar.
- Open net on your mobile device and paste the video you want to download on the empty bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the Download button next to the bar in other to download the video.
- If you are using chrome browser on the next page, tap and hold on to the quality (Normal or HD) you desire.
- Choose Download link in Chrome.
- Finally, your Facebook video has been downloaded into your device and it’ll be stored in your Downloads folder in your internal storage.
With the above steps, you should be able to download YouTube videos and Facebook videos to your mobile device.
Here are a few other apps that allow you to download Youtube and Facebook Videos quickly and easily.