How do I restore deleted Instagram posts? like the Photos for iOS and iPadOS, Instagram now has a feature that allows you to restore deleted Instagram posts. Keep reading as we take you through how to restore deleted Instagram posts.
Instagram is an American photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook. Instagram, over the years has become a very popular app worldwide with over 1 billion active monthly Instagram users and was also ranked by Alexa as the 13th most popular website in the world.
Ever wondered how to recover a post made on Instagram, lost either by deleting the post or factors beyond your control? Worry no more as I’ll be showing you how to restore deleted Instagram posts in this article.
Instagram introduced a new feature on February 2, 2021, called ‘Recently Deleted’. The ‘Recently Deleted’ feature is not a new feature for IOS users as it has the same time limit as their photos IOS app(Read Also – How to recover deleted photos on iPhone). This feature lets you temporarily store your posts even after you delete them from your profile or archives.
I’m sure you are already intrigued by this amazing feature; I was too when I found it out myself. This is an amazing feature from Instagram because it lets you restore deleted posts, photos, videos, stories, and practically just anything, isn’t that cool?
The Verge reported “Instagram is positioning this feature as helpful against hacks, particularly if hackers gain control of an account and start deleting content. Starting today (February 2, 2021), users will need to confirm they’re the account owner through either text or email in order to permanently delete or restore”.
Wondering how to enable this amazing feature? Here’s how, but before then, contents that can be restored after deleting include;
Photos and videos from your Profile
Photos and videos from your Instagram story
How to Restore Deleted Instagram posts
- Open your Instagram app on your device (Smartphone).
- Go to your profile section located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots or 3 horizontal lines located at the top right corner of your screen for android and IOS users respectively.
- Once this is done select the Settings option.
- Search for the Account Option and select.
- You’ll find a “Recently Deleted” section.
- After selecting it, go to the option and select your photos, videos, Reels, IGTV videos, or Instagram stories you deleted.
- Finally, tap on the restore option, and all deleted files will be restored.
If you can’t perform this action on your device try updating your Instagram app from Playstore or Apple store for Android and IOS users respectively.
Now here’s the catch, as we all know nothing lasts forever. All deleted media remains in the “Recently Deleted” section for a 30-day period and after that, deleted files can no longer be restored.
However, there are other methods that can be used to restore deleted posts if you can’t find the “Recently Deleted” section on your device.
Using the Instagram Archive Feature
- Open your Instagram app.
- Select the profile image or icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots or horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Archive.
- A list will appear containing stories or posts. Select either story or post depending on what you want to restore.
- Tap on an image you want to restore and you’ll now find the 3 dots located at the top of the post.
- You’ll see “Delete” or “Show on Profile”. Select ‘show on profile’ to unarchive your post and have it restored.
For the second method we have:
Using Your File Manager App
- Open your file manager app on your device.
- Tap on your Internal Storage.
- Select the Pictures folder.
- Next, locate the Instagram folder and select. There you’ll find all your previously posted images on Instagram.
For iPhone and iPad Users
- Open your photos app.
- Tap on your album icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Find and select the Instagram album.
And lastly, if you still find the post you deleted, you can resort to this last option. You can use the Wayback machine to view your profile at http://archive.org/web/. After accessing the site, input your Instagram profile URL into the text box at the top of the page and select Browse History. The downside to using this method is that not every Instagram account is archived so you may not see your profile.