Ever thought of how to connect your Instagram account to your Facebook profile and share posts and even stories to your Facebook handle? Well, if you have or are just intrigued by this topic, I’ll just go ahead and teach you how to link your Instagram handle to your Facebook profile.
Instagram is an American photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook. It is interesting to know that over one billion people use Instagram every month and even though Instagram is a mobile app, it is still the second most visited website. While Facebook is an online social media and social networking service founded by Mark Zuckerberg.
Interestingly Facebook has more than 350 million active users worldwide. This makes an amazing marketplace for whatever product you might want to sell. Every marketer needs as much audience as possible so harnessing the audience on Facebook and Instagram simultaneously would be a plus. To achieve this, it is important to have an account on these platforms.
Handling several social media accounts all at once can be very stressful and time-consuming especially for an influencer who would love to post on all handles similar or the exact content at the same time. You’ll agree with me that it’ll be stressful and exhausting doing the exact process over and again for every social media account. However, consider a scenario where that stress can be taken care of and you just need to post on one app and have your post on all your other social media accounts automatically. Amazing right? The good news is that you can now Share Your Instagram Stories and Posts on Facebook, without using any third-party app. Well, in other to be able to Share Your Instagram Stories and Posts on Facebook, it’s important to first and foremost link your Facebook and Instagram handles/ together to enable sharing of the same content across both platforms. This automation process of posting automatically on both handles is called cross-posting.
The first step to carry out, to enable cross-posting Instagram posts and stories to Facebook is by linking your Instagram handle/Profile to your Facebook profile. If you are using the android version of the Instagram app, you may need to relink both accounts after switching handles.
Here is how to link your Facebook and Instagram accounts so as to Share Your Instagram Stories and Posts on Facebook.
How to link Instagram to Facebook – for Android Devices
- Open your Instagram app on your android device and tap your profile icon at the bottom right corner of your phone.
- Tap the 3 dots menu icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Go to settings and select linked accounts. It will reveal a list of accounts Instagram can be linked with, from the menu list select Facebook.
- After clicking on Facebook, you’ll be required to authenticate yourself and once that is done, your account will be properly linked with Facebook.
- Once your accounts have been linked, you’ll see a good sign by the Facebook icon in your linked accounts indicated that Facebook, has been linked to Instagram. You’ll now have the option to post Facebook from the same screen where you add a caption.
How to link Instagram to Facebook for IOS (Iphones) Devices
- Ensure that both accounts to be linked are already logged into on both apps.
- Open your Instagram app on your device and click on your profile icon on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Once that is done, it will lead you to your profile page, on the page, click the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen.
- After clicking that a side menu will be revealed, search for settings on the menu and select.
- Scroll down till you find linked accounts and select.
- Under linked accounts, you’ll find Facebook amidst other apps that Instagram can be linked to. Click on the Facebook app, if the account is already signed into on your Facebook app, it will link automatically, otherwise, you’ll have to fill in your details, and once that is done your account will be successfully linked.
- After this go to the accounts center and select “your story and posts”.
- Under the automatically share section, toggle both the Instagram story and post or one of them based on your preference.
Once the steps written above have been carried out, you can automatically share your posts or stories to your Facebook account, this can also be done using the “share to” menu option.
In addition to this, one of the added benefits of linking both accounts is that it enables one to message a friend on Facebook from Instagram and vice-versa. However, there is also an option of opting out of this particular feature if it’s not a nice feature for you.