In this article, we provide you the simple steps and directions on how to use Signal on Windows PC, Macintosh, and Linux systems.
There has been a boon for Signal Messenger in the last few years due to its simplistic, yet powerful features that have expanded the number of its users to even include global personalities including Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla. Read Also ; How to post to Instagram from PC or Mac
Many people are learning how to be sufficiently conversant on this platform, and in this article, we provide you the simple steps and directions on how to use Signal on Windows PC, Macintosh, and Linux systems.
Although Signal is a mobile messaging app, its usability extends beyond the phone – you can use Signal on Windows PC and other devices as well. So, for users who may be more comfortable using their PC than their phones for some Signal messaging, this article provides the procedures on how to use Signal on Windows PC, Mac and Linux devices.
One of the reasons why Signal continues to expand in its user base is that it has brought both voice and video capabilities into its desktop application, unlike some other popular messaging apps. With the Signal desktop app, you can even make calls without the primary device (your phone) being connected to the internet.
How to Use Signal on Windows PC
The following steps are needed to use Signal on Windows PC, Mac, or Linux.
- The first step if you intend to use Signal on Windows PC, or any other OS, visit the Signal website www.signal.org and download the Signal desktop client. The relevant Signal desktop application that suits your operating system (Windows, Mac or Linux) will then be downloaded.
- After successfully downloading the executable installation file, in order to use Signal on Windows PC, you must open the executable file to install and run.
- After successfully completing the installation of the desktop app, open it to view the QR code, which is meant to be scanned by your primary Signal device (e.g. your phone) for access on the desktop platform.
- At this stage, it is not possible to directly use Signal on Windows PC, Mac or Linux, as your primary device has to be synchronized with the desktop client.
- If you are using your phone as your primary Signal device, go to your profile section of the app by tapping the profile icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Under the profile menu, go to Linked devices and click on add (+) button at the bottom.
- After clicking the add button, the QR code scanner will be activated. You must then align the scanner with the QR code on the desktop to properly scan and connect to the desktop client.
- Once the QR code has been scanned correctly, the two platforms (primary device and desktop) have now been synchronized and you can therefore carry out all the tasks (messaging, audio, and video calls) using the desktop application.
- If after using the desktop application for some time, you intend to unlink Signal Messenger from the desktop client, you just need to go back to the Linked devices option and unlink it.
Basically, the steps listed above will enable anyone to use Signal on Windows PC, Mac, or Linux without any hassles. So, with this brief description of how to use Signal on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux, you should be able to see all your chats from your primary device (a phone) appearing on your desktop after syncing both devices, whether your PC has a Windows or Mac or Linux OS.