It is possible to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone through several means. The most common and less cumbersome options are using the Move to iOS app, using your Google account, and sharing (via email) the VCF file of your contacts. A less efficient approach, which is also time-consuming is transferring the contacts via SIM in the Android smartphone and then place the SIM on your iPhone.
Indeed, it can be a bit challenging transferring your contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone. It is quite straightforward if it were from an Android to another Android, or from an iPhone to another iPhone. For now, there is no single, one-step procedure to accomplish the task.
In this tutorial, we will provide three simple ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone without much stress.
Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS App
The Move to iOS app is an app created by Apple and will help you copy and transfer all the requisite data (Contacts, Calendars, Email accounts, photos, etc) from your Android to the iPhone.
- Install the Move to iOS app on your Android device via the Google Play Store.
- Follow the setup process on your new iPhone until you reach the Apps & Data option.
- Choose the option: Move Data from Android.
- Next, open the Move to iOS app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap continue on both the Android and iPhone, then agree to the Terms and Conditions for use of the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
- Click or tap the Next button.
- Enter the 10-digit code displayed on your iPhone into the opening provided on the Move to iOS app.
- Follow the instructions and prompts to complete the transfer.
Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using Your Google Account
This is a very fast and seamless option if you have synchronized your Contacts with your Google account. It can work irrespective of whether it is a new iPhone or one that is already set up. You will be able to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone via this method when you have successfully added the Google account on the iPhone. The following steps will help you to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone via this option:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click the option Passwords & Accounts.
- Choose the Add Account option and then choose Google from the options.
- Carefully follow the instructions to add your Google account to the iPhone. If you have network connectivity on the iPhone, it will automatically synchronize all your Google information and data including your contacts.
Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using a VCF File
The VCF file option to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone is useful especially when some of your contacts are not synced, and therefore, not available on your Google account or you only intend to transfer just a few of your contacts.
The following steps will help you to transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone using the VCF file:
- Open the Contacts app on your Android Smartphone.
- Tap the top right corner of the app where you can see three dots to open the Settings menu.
- In some Android devices, you will see the Share Contacts option immediately after you tap the three dots. Click the Share Contacts option. If you did not see the Share Contact option, further choose the Import/Export Contacts option and then pick Share Contacts.
- Choose the email option to send the VCF file, input the email address and send.
- On your iPhone, open the email and choose to add the contacts on your device.
We have demonstrated in this article, how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using three different methods. All the methods described are free and easy to implement. So, whenever you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone, you know where to look for the solutions.