Have you ever felt overwhelmed with tasks that you don’t know what to start with or what to abandon? Managing a team and dictating their tasks is being too stressful? Relax, it’s normal for the number of activities on our tabs for some days to be overwhelming. Sometimes, all you just need is a simple productivity tool to help muster these activities properly. With this in mind, I’ll be talking about Todoist, What it is, pricing, and how to cancel Premium subscription. With a tool like Todoist, you won’t ever feel frustrated or disorganized.
Todoist is a task management software (to-do list- as the name might imply) that is suitable for managing tasks and goals for individuals and businesses. You can use it to manage your tasks from a smartphone, tablet, or computer as it has apps for most operating systems and devices, including Windows, Android, Apple iOS, Mac as well as major web browsers.
From a surface, you might want to see it as just an app to add tasks and complete them. However, Todoist offers more than that. Todoist is just the companion you’ll need for not just daily tasks but scheduling weekly tasks, setting reminders, and turning important emails into tasks. For a fact, it is an application that helps users manage both personal and professional productivity.
Apart from its functionality, It also offers an extremely user-friendly interface with integrated productivity charts (for premium accounts). Additionally, you would join other users to love its set of classification tools.
Every user of the Todoist app starts with the free version of the freemium ware. This allows its users to organize tasks into projects or folders, fix labels to tasks to help distinguish one task type from the other and many other premium benefits still left for the free version. However, with time you’ll discover there are added benefits that could be unlocked with a monthly subscription. Switching to the Todoist Premium unlocks other benefits like adding images and files to tasks, sorting of tasks, and setting goals, and tracking goals progress. Premium users can add tasks for goals, set deadlines, and get reports to see how close you are to achieving their goals.
The Todoist Premium goes for $3 per month for annual subscribers and $4 for subscribers who prefer to be billed monthly.
Todoist Business however can be that assistant to help you keep your team focused on achieving a goal. With the Todoist Business, you can add all teammates, schedule meetings, assign tasks, fix deadlines, have discussions, and lots more. On the Todoist Business, you can add as many users as you like at $5 per user per month when billed annually or $6 per user per month when billed monthly. Additionally, users are entitled to a 30 day free trial on the Todoist Business.
How to cancel Todoist Premium
Irrespective of how amazing a given service is, at one point or the other, there is always a reason to let go. Probably you’ve gotten used to handling your tasks competently without the need for a task management tool. Additionally, every day something new and amazing is being packaged to hit the market, so it’s possible to find another service that offers all you need from Todoist and even more. Sometimes, the challenge might be financially inclined.
Although the pricing is fair, there are other bills to be paid. If this becomes the case, then here is a quick tip on how to cancel Todoist Premium. Subscription to Todoist Premium can be made using various platforms. As such, if you’re not interested in getting billed after the current subscription expires, simply follow the guide on how to cancel Todoist premium for your method of subscription.
Note that when you cancel Todoist Premium, you don’t get a refund and you don’t get barred from the premium access you already have until it’s time to renew. So if you subscribed for a year and canceled your subscription in the first month, you’ll be able to enjoy the premium service for the remaining 11 months.
How to Cancel Todoist Premium made using Card payments
If you made your Todoist Premium subscription using a Credit card, Todoist will be set to auto-renew your subscription by default. The only way you’ll not get billed at the end of your current billing cycle is if you cancel the premium subscription or your card expires before the renewal time. However, if you want to prevent being billed, this is how to turn it off:
- On your browser, go to https://todoist.com
- Log in to the Todoist account with an active subscription.
- Click on the “gear icon” at the top right and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Next, from the left-hand side of the web page, select the “Subscription” tab.
- Click on the “Cancel Plan” button and confirm you want to cancel your subscription by clicking on the “Yes, cancel” option.
At this point, you have successfully canceled your Todoist premium subscription made using a card. However, if you used a third-party billing service, the guide is below.
How to Cancel Todoist Premium made using App Store
All subscriptions made using App Store are set to auto-renew by default. To this effect, it is necessary to manually cancel them to avoid being billed at the start of your next billing cycle.
To cancel a subscription made on iOS, please follow the following steps;
- Open your mobile Settings app. It should be among your list of applications.
- Tap on your name.
- Select “Subscriptions”.
- If you don’t see “Subscriptions,” tap “iTunes & App Store” instead. Then select your Apple ID. Tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to “Subscriptions”, and tap Subscriptions.
- Tap “Todoist”. It is the subscription you want to manage.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription”.
You can also find the option to cancel the auto-renew by viewing your Apple ID in iTunes or the App Store and then selecting the “Subscriptions” option.
How to Cancel Todoist Premium made using Google Play Store
If you made your Todoist premium subscription using Google Play Store, your subscription may or may not auto-renew depending on some factors. You’ll need to check your Google Play Store account and verify if there is a recurring Todoist subscription there. If you made a Todoist subscription using Google play, please take the following steps.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store application.
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account. Ensure you’re logged into the same account you used when you were subscribing for the service else the subscription won’t be available.
- Tap Menu (the three vertical dots in the upper-left corner of the play application.
- Select the “Subscriptions” option. A list of all subscriptions you’ve made should now appear.
- Select “Google *Todoist” because it is the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap on “Cancel subscription”.
- There would be some directives, follow the instructions to cancel the subscription.
You can still cancel a subscription you made for Todoist on android using your PC. Maybe you don’t have access to android devices anymore but need to end the subscription. The following steps are for you.
- Log on to the Google Play website (https://play.google.com).
- Sign in to your Google account or verify if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Remember, it has to be the account you used when making the subscription.
- On your left, there is a panel with a list of important links. Click on “My subscriptions”.
- You should be taken to a page with a list of all subscriptions you have. Select the “Google *Todoist” to cancel.
- Click on “Manage” and then “Cancel Subscription” and the process is done.
Please note that; Uninstalling the app will not cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel Todoist Premium made using Microsoft Store
Todoist Premium subscriptions made through the Microsoft Store won’t auto-renew so there is nothing to cancel as you’ll never get billed.
How to Cancel Todoist Premium made using PayPal
Just like subscriptions made through the Microsoft store, PayPal payments made through Todoist won’t auto-renew.
Remember, if you cancel an existing subscription your account would not be downgraded to the free version until the end of your billing cycle. Additionally, annual subscriptions canceled within 30 days of the subscription might get a refund.