Stumbled on a twitch stream a while ago and although the gameplay was quite a long stream, I found myself watching it over and again. I forgot I was close to using up my internet subscription because I was addicted to the moves. Shortly afterward, I got a notification and I realized I was on the brink of going offline. Even in this state, I felt like watching this video once again. This made me start thinking of how to download twitch videos – and I just thought sharing would be nice.
Gaming is fun, that’s agreeable but there’s an added spice in sharing your gameplay with other viewers. It spices up the competition, brings prestige. For a fact, it’s a necessary show off. Twitch overtime has become a hub connecting gamers to fans waiting to watch something amazing happen in a virtual world. If you own a particular video then archiving it wouldn’t be difficult, however, if you don’t own a video, this guide would still help you out with the easiest way to download twitch videos. If you know how to download twitch videos, you don’t have to follow streams while they are life as you can download twitch videos you own, as well as those created by other gamers on the platform. To download videos you own, you would need to activate the archiving video option. After that, your broadcasts will be available under the Video Manager option.
How to Enable Auto-Archiving of Twitch Videos
If you need to save your broadcasts automatically, Twitch is something favorable with a single switch. Here’s where to find it.
- Open the Twitch.tv website on any browser of your choice.
- Ensure you’re logged in, click on the drop-down menu at the upper-right corner and select “Settings”.
- Select “Channel and Videos”.
- Toggle on the “Store past broadcasts” function.
- Your future broadcasts will save to your profile once they finish.
This would make it easier for a user to download their twitch video.
Download Your Videos
Once you’ve turned on archiving, you can start downloading your twitch video broadcasts after you finish streaming. To download an archived video, follow the steps below;
- Open the Twitch.tv website on any browser of your choice.
- On the homepage, if you’re logged in, select “Video Producer” in the menu under your profile picture.
- You’ll be taken to another page. On the next page, click on the “More” menu from the right of the video you want to save.
- Select “Download” and the video would be downloaded into your computer.
Remember, if you have a regular user account on twitch, you only have two weeks before the video is automatically deleted from the platform’s servers. However, owners of Twitch Partner accounts have much more time to download their videos since their videos are deleted approximately two months after the video was broadcasted.
So if you run a regular account, you should consider downloading your videos before they get deleted. However, if you need to download another user’s twitch video then you’ll be using a third-party program as twitch doesn’t leave an option for that.
How To Download Twitch Videos from Another User
If you need to download gameplay you enjoyed watching, untwitch, Twitch Leecher, or 4K Video Downloader is one of the best options out there. There are indeed a handful of ways to download twitch videos but I’ll be leaving steps for the three options above. You’re at liberty to select which one suits you.
How to download Twitch Video Using 4K Video Downloader
The 4K Video Downloader is one helpful software that will enable you to download videos from all major video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, as well as Facebook or Twitch. It is owned by Open Media LLC and has apps for both Mac and Windows OS. To download a video using the 4K Video Downloader, Follow the steps below.
- Open the 4K Video Downloader download page in your browser.
- Click on the green “Get 4K Video Downloader” button.
- Once the download completes, run the installation.
- After the installation process, open 4K Video Downloader and any web browser of your choice.
- On the web browser, open your Twitch account.
- Surf the website as usual till you find the video you want to download.
- Click on the thumbnail of the clip to open it.
- Now, copy the video’s URL address from the top of your web browser, by right-clicking on it and selecting the Copy option or “Ctrl + C”.
- Now go back to the 4K Video Downloader and click on the “Paste Link” icon to start parsing the link.
- Once the parsing process is finished, a new window will pop-up on your screen for you to select the location on your hard drive where you want to save the video. Choose the video quality you want and click the Download button.
- If the video is too long or if you just want to download a segment of a video, you can click on the Stop button at any moment.
If you’re not okay with the 4K Video Downloader, you can try a platform dedicated to twitch.
How to download Twitch Video Using Twitch Leecher
If you need software that is dedicated to downloading twitch videos, then Twitch Leecher is the best option to look at. Twitch Leecher is a freeware that can be used to download videos from Twitch. It’s a third-party app, That is well designed and has a clean interface that makes it less intimidating than other such programs. If you’re interested in using Twitch Leecher, then the steps below are for you.
- Visit the official Twitch Leecher page on GitHub to download the latest version of the program.
- If your device prompts you to either run the program or save it, Select “Run” and follow the prompts to get the program installed on your computer.
- After the installation is complete, open Twitch Leecher and a browser of your choice.
- Using the Search bar in the top menu, locate the Twitch channel, and select “Videos”.
- Right-click on the video you want to download and select “Copy Link Address”.
- Now go back to Twitch Leecher and click on the “URLs” tab.
- Paste the video link into the white box (Ctrl + V) and click on “Search”.
- The Twitch video should now appear. Click on the “Download” button from the lower-right corner.
- From the next screen, select the resolution size of the video download and where to save it on your computer. You can also select a custom filename and choose a start and endpoint for the video.
- Now, click on the “Download” and your video will soon be available in your chosen file location.
The video would be downloaded to your PC. However, if you don’t want to install an additional app on your device, you can download it using a web browser.
How to download Twitch Videos Using UnTwitch
Untwitch.com is a website dedicated to the downloading of Twitch streams. It’s the best alternative if you don’t need another program installed on your PC. With Untwitch, you can easily adjust the start and end time of the video stream to download. If you wish to download twitch videos using untwitch, then the following steps are worthy.
- In a browser of your choice, open twitch.tv and locate the video you’ll love to download.
- Copy the URL of that video from your address bar or right-click on the video and select “Copy Link Address”
- Now open another tab and visit “untwitch.com”.
- In the input field, paste the URL you copied from twitch and click on the yellow “Submit” button.
- Select a suitable format for your video. This determines the quality and size of your download. Adjust the time, to fit the time frame you’re interested with.
- After that, click on the red “Download Video” button and your download would begin ASAP.
At this point, I must say that there are more than three tools that can be used to download twitch videos. However, these tools were picked because they favorably worked the magic. Have a suggestion or comment, leave us a comment below and we are sure to make a follow up on it.