If you ever have an app that malfunctions, the first rational thing to do would be to clear cache or app data for that app. Waze isn’t left out of this principle. If you’re experiencing a glitch on the app, this guide would show you how to clear cache and data on Waze.
Waze is one of the numerous free wares developed by Google. It is a fast and very responsive turn-by-turn GPS navigation application that provides real-time traffic updates. It doesn’t stop there as Waze was developed with some cool social and geo-gaming elements that could make commuting fun.
Wazers can actively update one another on traffic, police traps, construction, speed cams, and more. Although Waze was developed to function at its best performance, every construction comes with its flaws. There are Waze apps for Android and iOS users alike and the steps to clear cache and data on Waze differ for both operating systems. There are a handful of errors clearing cache or app data on Waze could fix. They include but aren’t limited to the following;
- Issues with the sound on the Waze app.
- Wireless connectivity issues.
- Bluetooth issues in Waze.
- When the “No GPS-Showing Approximate Location” message appears.
- Traffic reports are not showing on Waze.
If you’re experiencing any of the aforementioned errors, then this guide is absolutely for you. Cache files are created to provide users with a smoother experience while using apps mostly with an internet connection. Additionally, the cache files significantly reduce loading time when navigating between apps. clearing your app device’s cache memory any time is total fines as it doesn’t cause any harm to your device rather it frees your internal and external memory.
However, clearing App data of any app restores it to the installation state. It’s as good as deleting the app and making a reinstallation of the app. Every progress that hasn’t been backed up would be deleted, all accounts signed into would equally be deleted, and opening the app takes you on a fresh start.
In the remaining part of this guide, I’ll show you how to clear cache and data on Waze for both android and iOS users.
How to Clear Cache and Data on Waze for Android
If you’re an Android user who enjoys navigation with Waze and you’re experiencing some difficulties on the app, clearing cache and data could help out. The android operating system allows you to access each app in your phone separately and clean cache and data for them. This makes clearing cache or data on Waze a lot easier for Android users.
On some Android devices, you’ll find a pre-installed “cleaner” app that can help with the clearing of cache. You can equally download an app like CC cleaner or Phone Master, just in case your device doesn’t have one. However, if you’re not caught up in downloading an app, this is how to clear cache and data for the Waze app from your Android device settings:
- On your device, navigate to Settings. This can be done by “pulling down the notification bar and clicking on the gear icon” or “opening your app drawer and tapping on Settings”.
- From your device settings, tap on “Apps & notifications” or “Applications” depending on your Android device.
- From the list of apps, Scroll down to “Waze” and tap on it.
- From the list of options, select “Storage.”
- Tap on “Clear Cache” to clear cache or tap on “Clear Storage” to clear the app data and restore it to its default state.
Depending on the device’s model, some steps might look a little bit different than described above. However, you can also clear cache or app data for Waze using the following steps.
- From your app drawer, tap and hold “Waze” app icon till a menu pops up.
- Select “App Info” from the contextual menu.
- Now, tap on “Storage.”
- Use either the “Clear Cache” button to clear cache or tap on “Clear Storage” to clear the app data and restore it to its default state.
Additionally, if you’re going to be making use of a cleaner app to clear the cache on Waze, it’s only going to clear the cache memory and that won’t affect the app data. If you choose to clear data for your Waze app, you’ll need to go through the steps above, and undertaking the “Clear Storage” option would make you lose your personalization of the app.
How to Clear Cache and Data on Waze for iOS
Unlike the Android devices where you can easily navigate to your device settings to clear cache and app data, for iOS devices, you can only do that easily for integrated apps such as Safari. However, for third-party apps like Waze, clearing cache, or data for the app isn’t straight forward. You might need to uninstall the app and reinstall it just because you’re interested in clearing cached files. However, before you start considering that, it’s advisable to try to restart your device.
Over time, it’s been observed that restarting an iOS device drastically fixes a handful of errors experienced on the third-party app as restarting an iOS clears the cache memory. So if you’re experiencing some errors, simply hold down your power button and select the restart option. If after a restart, you don’t seem to enjoy the app as you wish, you can try any of the following options.
Install a Cleaner App
Checking the app store, you’ll observe that many free and paid apps would help you manage your iPhone’s storage. Which handles the process of clearing your cache memory as well.
One very popular and secure options are the Smart Cleaner app. Smart Cleaner can help you clear cache on Waze as well as other apps on your device with just a few taps. However, if you’re interested in clearing your app data, you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Uninstall and Reinstall Waze
If you’re interested in losing the app data for your Waze app, the best way to clear its cache and data is to delete the app and install it again.
Although this might look so much, with a stable internet connection it can be done in almost no time. Simply follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall Waze on your iOS device:
- Tap on the “Gear” icon on your iPhone to open your device settings.
- From your device settings, tap on “General.”
- Tap on “iPhone Storage” and scroll through the list of apps on your device.
- Locate and tap on “Waze”.
- Scroll down and select the “Delete app” option.
- Tap on the “Delete app” option again to complete the deleting of your Waze app.
- Now, Go to the App Store on your device to download the Waze app again.
- After the download is completed, open it and follow the instructions on-screen to sign in to your account.
At this point, the reinstalled app should run a lot more efficiently. However, if you’re not interested in losing your entire settings on the Waze app, yet you need traces of your searches removed, then you just need to clear your search history.
How to Delete Search History on Waze
Search histories are amazing at helping you keep track of your searches or using them for future search predictions. However, sometimes you don’t need to keep these histories as it leaves your navigation history evident for anyone who gains access to your device. if you’ve made a search using Waze, you’ll notice that for every new search, there is a new history that will automatically be added to the search history as a valid option for future reference.
This is very helpful if you plan to use the same destination multiple times. However, if you want to get rid of this history, and it seems that there is no easy way to do it clearing cache won’t delete it. Clearing your app data would work just fine but the histories would be lost alongside relevant settings and account details. So it is inadvisable to clear your app data if it’s just your search history you don’t need. The following steps would help you clear search history without having to clear your app data.
- Open the Waze app on your device.
- At the bottom-left of your screen, tap on the “magnifying glass”.
- Under the “Where to?” search box you would find a list of your most recent searches.
- Beside each search, you’ll find three vertical dots (on iOS three horizontal dots). Tap on it.
- A pop-up menu with multiple options should appear. Tap on the “trash can” icon and that recent search will disappear from your recent search history.
- Repeat the process for every entry that you’ll want to delete.
At this point, I’m guessing you’re well-acquainted with how to clear cache and data on Waze. However, if you have any challenge or a suggestion to give, simply leave a comment below.