If you need a guide on how to change your twitter name, you’ve found it. Twitter is an American microblogging and social media platform. Twitter enables its users to send and receive short posts, messages called tweets, as well as, voice Tweet that captures up to 140 seconds of audio. A Tweet can be up to 140 characters long, it can also include pictures, videos, or links to relevant websites and resources.
Although Twitter isn’t geared at connecting friends, its users connect by following other users. Once a user follows someone, they would be able to see their tweets in your twitter ‘timeline’. Every tweet appears with the Twitter name and AVI of the person who made the tweet. The names could also be used as an identity to find a particular profile or connect with friends. This is one of the unlimited reasons to have an admirable Twitter name.
Furthermore, the platform is a lot more fun with the trolling from other users. If you feel stalked by a user, its best to disguise yourself by changing your Twitter name. if this seems like a welcoming idea to you, then this is how to change your twitter name on mobile and desktop devices.
How to change your Twitter name on Mobile
In today’s world, most users of the internet access their favourite platforms on mobile. If you fall into this category, this is how to change your twitter name on mobile.
- on your Android or iOS device, Open the Twitter app.
- If you’re not logged in, input your username and password and hit the “Log in” button.
- From your twitter feed, tap on your small profile picture at the top-right hand corner of the app’s interface.
- A menu should slide open from the sidebar, tap the profile picture that appears at the top of it.
- You should now be taken to your profile. On your profile page, tap on the “Edit profile.”
- From the Edit profile window, tap on your name, clear the existing name and input the name you’ll want as your twitter name. Note that the new name can be up to 50 characters long, and there’s no requirement for it to be unique. Smileys could also be attached.
- Tap on the “Save” button at the bottom of the editable fields when you’re done.
At this point, you’ve successfully changed your twitter name. However, if you don’t have access to a mobile device, you can change it on your PC or Mac.
How to change your Twitter name in a web browser
The steps to change your twitter name on a desktop browser differs from that of the mobile apps. to change your twitter name on a desktop device follow the steps below.
- On a browser of your choice, go to twitter.com. If you’re not logged in, log in using your username and password.
- Click on your profile picture from the left side of the web page.
- You should be taken to your twitter profile. On your twitter profile page, click on the “Edit profile” button.
- From the Edit profile window, type a new name in the Twitter Name field. Remember, This that the new name can be up to 50 characters long, and there’s no requirement for it to be unique. Smileys could also be attached.
- Once you’re done, click “Save.”
After saving, the changes would be effected immediately on everywhere your profile appears on twitter. There’ll be absolutely no need for any reviews and there are no limitations to how many times you can change your Twitter name. However, twitter frowns strongly against impersonation so its best to avoid such.