Would I be wrong to say we all love food? I doubt that would be a fallacy because no matter how long we try to stay away, we always want to find some time to chill with our plates. Which brings me to the tip for today on How to Set Up and Use The Dasher App.
Some time ago, I was reading some memes on your favorite social media platform and stumbled on something that seemed impossible. The meme had the caption which read “The internet would only be complete when I’m able to download food from the web”. Well, technically, you can now download your favorite meal vendor using the DoorDash app.
However, the meals aren’t supposed to be printed out like every other document downloaded from the web. Someone would have to deliver these orders to people’s doorsteps. These delivery persons are known as the dashers and they are my focus. So, if you’re interested in making a couple of bucks from people’s launch, I’ll be working you through How to Set Up and Use The Dasher App.
DoorDash Inc. is an American on-demand prepared food delivery service founded in 2013. The company helps connect people with the best eateries in their cities by handling the delivery from these restaurants to the doorstep of customers who order their meals online on the DoorDash. The DoorDash service is available in over 4,000 cities of 50 states in the US including Washington DC and Puerto. With an extra 80+ cities in Canada and Australia.
Before you start thinking about how to set up and use the dasher app, its fair we also let you know that DoorDash charges a commission percentage out of every order delivered. Usually, the percentage of commission from restaurants is 20%. This covers the cost of all the running processes of the firm and also payment of the Delivery guys (Dashers) who earn money by picking up and delivering them to the customer’s home or office.
Like other known delivery or logistics companies, DoorDash has two apps;
- DoorDash App which is the regular app for consumers who want to make orders.
- DoorDash Dasher App which is solely for a driver or courier (Known as the dasher).
In this guide, we’ll be walking through how to set up and use The DoorDash Dasher App which is our main work tool. The best part of using being a driver on the Dasher app is that you can schedule yourself for deliveries, receive orders, make deliveries, and get paid. However, before you proceed to the setting up of the Dasher App, it is necessary to sign up as a DoorDash Delivery Partner.
DoorDash Driver & Delivery Partner Requirements
Before you get approved as DoorDash delivery personnel, certain criteria must be met. If you’re unable to beat the following requirements, your application to DoorDash would likely not pull through.
- You must be 18 years or older
- Have access to a vehicle
- Any car, truck, or van qualifies
- You can deliver on a scooter or bicycle in some markets
- A valid driver’s license
- Current insurance — Name on policy
- Own an iPhone or Android smartphone to run the DoorDash partner app
- Complete an orientation or request an activation kit
If you have all the requirements, you can start your registration here.
Set Up and Use The Dasher App: How to Install The Dasher App
The Dasher app is available on both the Google Play store for Android devices and Apple’s App Store for iOS devices. You can either follow the link above or open the app store on your device and search for ‘DoorDash Driver App’ in the search bar to get the application downloaded free. However, You can follow our step by step guide for IOS and Android devices below.
How to download the App on iPhone IOS
- On your iOS device, open the App Store.
- On the App Store, locate for the search functionality at the top of the screen. Type the “DoorDash Driver App” keyword and search or follow the Download Link for IOS.
- Tap on the “DoorDash – Driver” to get to the dasher app.
- From the Dasher App details page, tap on the “Get” button to install it. If you’re not yet signed in to your iTunes account, you would be required to sign in to the iTunes store with your Apple ID before the download would begin.
- After this verification, the DoorDash – Driver app should begin installation and might take a while depending on your internet connection speed. You’ll need to be patient.
- After the App is installed on your iOS device, Tap on “Open” to open it.
- Once it is opened, you’ll be faced with the driver app login. Simply log in with your ‘Email Address’ and the Password of your driver account.
How to download the Dasher App for Android
To get the Dasher app for your android device, follow the steps below.
- On your Android enabled device, open the Google Play Store.
- From the Play Store’s home screen, Tap on “Search for apps…” to open the search functionality.
- On the search bar, you’ll need to type “DoorDash – Driver” and tap on the first option. You can also go to the play store page directly using this Download Link for Android.
- On the app details page, tap on the ‘install’ button to begin the process of downloading and installing the app. You may be required to accept some android permission before the Dasher App installs on your device. Once you’re done accepting them, the installation of the app would begin.
- When the app finishes its installation on your device, you can tap on “Open” from Play Store to open it. You can also locate it from the list of apps in your app drawer.
Activate Your DoorDash Red Prepaid Card
At this point, I’m guessing you’ve already signed up to become a Dasher, you passed the background check and you’re officially a DoorDash driver. If you do not know how DoorDash works for drivers.
I’m guessing you’ve received the DoorDash activation kit (the red insulated hot bag + the red card). Before you can begin the process of earning money with DoorDash, you must get your prepaid card activated as you’ll be required to use the red card to pay for a customer’s order at the restaurant when prompted by the app. However, you can’t use the DoorDash card for the gas or your food.
Note: It is very to important carry the card with you while working with DoorDash. Otherwise, you’ll need to pay with your money at the restaurant and ask for a DoorDash refund. Additionally, We recommend you order a spare red card to be kept in reserve, just in case you lose yours. You can order it for free online at the DoorDash store.
To activate your Red Card, you’ll need the DoorDash app you downloaded above or try logging in your driver account on the official website. The following steps below should help you with the process:
- Open the DoorDash driver app on your device
- Tap on the menu button at the top-left corner of the app screen
- Select ‘Red Card’
- You’ll be prompted to enter the last 4 digits of your card number and delight number
- Once you’ve activated your card, you can start accepting DoorDash order requests.
How to Work with DoorDash
Once your account is fully activated you are eligible to start picking up and delivering people’s orders. However, the first and the most important rule is ‘Do not stress yourself’. Avoid frustration and prepare everything you need to make deliveries. Before locating a favorable place on the Heat Map. To be fully prepared, you might need the following. Remember, some of these items aren’t compulsory.
- Your Phone and Charger
- The Insulated Bag
- Your Red Card
- Confirm the working condition of your vehicle (fuel, car tire pressure). If you’ll be using a bike, wear a helmet.
Once you’re geared up, you can check the Dasher App to find the Hotspots. The busy areas are highlighted in red in the App.
How to Accept a DoorDash Delivery Request
To accept a delivery request, you’ll be required to log in to the app and tap on “Dash Now”. You should now see a list of delivery requests to accept. If you are not getting DoorDash orders you are probably offline. On every request, you should find the following information. This is to help you Accept a request that favors you the most.
- The delivery map
- The restaurant’s name and location
- The number of items you need to pick up
- The total miles you have to do to complete the delivery
- The guaranteed pay
When you get a request, you have 40 seconds to accept it. otherwise, the delivery goes to another driver. To Accept the delivery offer, tap on “Accept.”
How to Pick up a DoorDash Order
Once you accept a Delivery request, you’ll be required to pick up the order. The DoorDash driver app has an inbuilt navigation system. You’re at liberty to select from your favourite navigation App either Google Maps or Waze. This should help you find your way if you are not conversant with the delivery area. All you need to do is follow the GPS. Once you arrive at the restaurant, Do the following;
- Check for some specific pick up instructions.
- Verify if you’ve got all the items in the order
- After verifying the items, Use your red card to complete the purchase (if prompted by the app)
How to Drop Off the Order
After picking up an order, your task isn’t finished as you’ll be required to drop it off with the customer. Simply do the following to drop off the order with the customer:
- Check for the drop off details in the app and navigate to the drop-off destination.
- Ensure that you’re delivering it to the right customer. You’re allowed to request for an ID to verify with the customer’s name in the app.
- Once you deliver the order to the customer, confirm that the order has been delivered to the customer from the DoorDash Driver app.
- You should now see the total amount you’ve earned from the current delivery.
How to Read the DoorDash Heat Map
The heat map is a new but amazing feature of the driver app and it is important to understand how it works. If you can read the heat map, you’ll be able to find high demand areas and increase your chances of getting deliveries thereby increasing your earnings.
The Heat map displays a variety of colour intensities to indicate areas of low and high demand for deliveries.
Here are all the different options:
- Not Busy – The map is not highlighted
- Normal – You may need to wait a little bit longer for orders
- Busy – You will get orders pretty soon
- Very Busy – You get orders almost instantly and are highlighted in red.
Being on the “Very Busy” areas would increase your chances of making deliveries and getting more commissions.