Have your credit card details saved to your iCloud? No worries, it is safe as long as you don’t share your passwords with anyone. Besides, before anyone can use it, they’ll need to be logged in using your iCloud. However, if you’re scared it might pose a security threat to you, then, this is a guide on How to Remove Credit Card From iCloud.
iCloud is Apple’s cloud manager. The Drive service enables users to store data such as documents, photos, and music on remote servers for download to iOS, macOS, or other operating systems. It also helps its users to share and send data to other users, and to manage their Apple devices if lost or stolen.
Additionally, when signed in on a device, it backs up all autofill data – including passwords and credit card details. Need to know how to remove Credit Card from iCloud, then keep reading.
Remove Credit Card from iCloud Account
To remove credit cards added as a payment method on your iCloud, follow the steps below on a browser.
- On any browser of your choice, go to icloud.com
- Sign in to your “Apple ID”.
- Now, go to “Settings”.
- From the list of devices listed under “My Devices”, click on the device. The list of devices that would be displayed is only devices you’ve linked with that iCloud account.
- After selecting the device, you should now see a list of cards on that device. Simply click on any of the credit cards to remove them. You can also remove them all at once by clicking on the “Remove All” button.
- However, If you can’t find any credit card, then you’ve not set them up for Apple Pay yet.
How to remove credit card info on iOS
If you’ve added a credit card to your iOS autofill, then you can easily remove it using the steps below.
- On your device, tap on the Settings icon from the Home screen.
- Scroll down and select “Safari”.
- Now, tap on “AutoFill”.
- Then, select “Saved Credit Cards”. You’ll be required to authenticate your identity. simply enter your password, or use Touch ID to authenticate yourself.
- After authentication, tap on “Edit” from the top-right corner of the display.
- Select the credit card you want to remove.
- Tap on Delete in the top-left corner and confirm. You may be prompted to enter your passcode if you have one set.
How to remove credit card info on your Mac
- On your Mac, open your Safari browser.
- From the Safari the Menu Bar, go to “Preferences…” under the Safari menu.
- Navigate to the AutoFill tab.
- Click on the Edit button next to credit cards.
- Click on a credit card and click the Remove button.
Remember, the iCloud Keychain and AutoFill are meant to be secure features of iOS and OS X. However if you’re skeptical or insecure, the instructions listed above is all you need to know on how to remove credit card from iCloud. If you already knew how to do this, consider sharing the article with someone who might find it useful. If you have a tip to help us make this article better, leave us a comment below.