Ever wondered How to Delete Multiple Contacts at Once on iPhone? Annoyingly, the world is progressing fast but not iPhone’s core apps. Anyone with a mobile device would agree that as time passes, contacts get obsolete. People loose devices, friendships die off, service personnel switch services they offer. For iOS lovers who move from one iOS device to the next, having their data backed up to the cloud and escorting them to the next device.
Over time the list of unnecessary contacts occupying space on their device would slowly become unbearable. Although in just a few taps, an iOS user can delete an unwanted contact but when the list goes beyond 10, repetition becomes boring. At such a point, anyone who thinks like me would start looking for an easy way to Delete Multiple Contacts at Once on iPhone. If you’re in this category, I’ll be letting you on some helpful tips to go by this.
While the native contacts app won’t allow iOS users to explore certain options, there is a hand full of third-party apps that would help out. With some of these apps, users can group contacts, export contacts, and also delete multiple contacts at one and those contacts would be deleted from your contacts list.
However, if you don’t have so much faith in these third-party apps but you still want a way to Delete Multiple Contacts at Once on iPhone, you can also do this using the web version of iCloud. Apple gave its users iCloud as a drive to save and retrieve their data across devices.
For instance, if your contacts are stored and backed up to iCloud you’ll be able to use it across all your Apple devices – with just a sign-up. Additionally, changes made to your contacts on iCloud are effected on all your devices automatically.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts Using iCloud
To delete multiple contacts at once using iCloud, you’ll need to use a PC or switch your browser to desktop view. Additionally, your iPhone needs to have an Apple ID registered on it. If you’re ready, follow the steps below;
- On your desktop, go to “iCloud.com”
- Log in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- From the main page, click on “Contacts”.
- Select the contacts you want to delete by holding the “Control key” on your Mac.
- Now, scroll down and select other contacts you wish to delete.
- After selecting all the contacts you want to delete, click on the “Settings icon” at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on “Delete” from the menu that pops up.
- Finally, confirm your choice by selecting “Delete” from the dialogue box.
All the contacts you selected would be deleted across all of your devices once they get synced. However, to me, this process isn’t as easy as anyone would like so the best solution would be to use a third-party iOS app.
The first third-party iOS app I’ll love to recommend to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone is the Contact Groups app. The Contact Groups app offers additional functionality not found on the contacts app including a simple option to select and delete multiple contacts from your contacts.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts Using Contact Groups
If you don’t mind using third party apps then follow the steps below;
- Open your App Store and search for “Contacts Groups” or Click Here.
- From the Contacts Group page in the App Store, Click on the “Get” button to download and install the app.
- After installing the Contact Groups app on your iPhone, Open it.
- When opening the Contacts Groups app for the first time, you’ll be prompted to give the app permission to access your contacts. Grant it access to your contacts by tapping on the “OK” button.
- since the Contacts Group app was designed to assist users create and manage contact groups, it allows for selection as part of its core feature set. To manage contacts switch to the “Contacts” tab to start the process.
- From the “Contacts” tab, tap the “Select” button at the top-left hand corner of your screen.
- At this point, you’ll need to scroll through your contacts list and select the contacts that you want to delete.
- After selecting every contact you need to delete, from the bottom toolbar, tap on the “Delete” button.
- Finally, tap the “Delete” button from the pop-up message to confirm.
Once you’re done with this process, all the contacts would be deleted from your Contacts app. Additionally, if you want to delete all contacts at one, tap on the checkbox icon at the upper right-hand corner of the app to select all contacts before hitting the “Delete” button.
However, the Contacts Group isn’t entirely free and has some limitations to the free version. On the free version of the Contacts Groups app, you cannot delete more than 10 contacts at once. So if you want to delete more than 10 contacts, you’ll be required to repeat the process over and again till you’re done. But you can remove this limitation by subscribing to the pro version of the Contact Groups app, which costs only $1.99/year and $5.99 for a lifetime purchase.
If you don’t have money to take the subscription offer, then the “Groups” App is suitable for you. The Groups app is an amazing tool that provides advanced features through in-app purchases. However, the functionality to delete multiple contacts at once is free.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts Using Groups
Want to delete more than 10 contacts simultaneously without paying a dime? Follow the steps below;
- Open your App Store and search for “Groups” or Click Here.
- From the Groups app page, tap on the “Get” button to download it to your iPhone.
- After downloading the “Groups” app to your device, open it.
- You should get a prompt asking you to give Groups access to your contacts. Simply tap on “OK”.
- From the Groups list, select All Contacts.
- Now, carefully scroll through your contact list and select the contacts you’ll like to delete by tapping on the circle outline at the left of the contact.
- When you’re done with the selection, tap on “Choose Action” at the top of the Groups interface.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Delete contacts…”.
- Finally, tap on “Remove from my iPhone!” to confirm the process.
Viola! You’ve successfully deleted multiple contacts from your iPhone at once. To verify the action, you can open the built-in Contacts app on your iPhone and check for the contacts you selected to verify that they have been deleted.
It’s a good thing to know how to delete multiple contacts at once on the iPhone. However, before you go haywire and start deleting contacts randomly, note that contacts deleted on your iPhone would also be deleted across all Apple devices connected to that iCloud account – iPads and Macs inclusive.
Additionally, when contacts are deleted, they are not easily retrievable except there was an earlier back up that isn’t affected by the changes effected. So you’ll need to be extremely cautious of the contacts to avoid losing important contacts.
Have a suggestion, contribution or need unblocking? We’re always ready to help or update our piece. Kindly leave a comment below.