Wondering how to close an Amazon account? We’ve got you covered as this guide would walk you through the easiest way to close your Amazon account.
A while ago I shared a guide on how to cancel an Amazon order. However, sometimes it’s not about the order you’re placing but the contract with that firm. So if you’ve found a similar service provider and you believe you’ll not be needing Amazon, you can easily close your Amazon account using the steps in this guide.
Its true Amazon has found itself at the top of the online shopping chain globally. Statistics show that the online mall offers its services to over 150 million people globally. This is something to be seen as a good sign however, there is a need for a little concern. Yeah, you read right. As a company that sits at the pinnacle of shopping globally, it is undeniably one of the top sites being tested for vulnerabilities.
It is true so far, they hardly go down from attacks but the future is unpredictable. So it’s advisable to delete your data if you don’t think you’ll be back on the platform. To get all your data off Amazon, the easiest step is to close your Amazon account.
How to Close an Amazon account
Unlike most web-based services, Amazon doesn’t offer a straightforward option to delete your account from their website. If you need to close your Amazon account, you’ll be required to contact their customer service team with a request for them to do it for you. So, fire up your preferred browser lets go close your Amazon account:
- Go to Amazon.com,
- Click on the three parallel lines at the top left-hand corner of the web page to reveal a side menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Help” link from the “Help and Settings” section.
- On the Amazon help page, scroll down to the “Browse Help Topics” section and click on the “Need More Help?” at the bottom of the list.
- Now select “Contact Us” from the need help settings. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be required to log into the account you want to close.
- Now, click on “Prime or Something else”.
- Scroll down to “Tell us more” and select “Login and security”.
- Now select the “Close my account” option.
- You should now see an option to contact the Amazon team by e-mail, phone, or chat. Follow up with anyone that feels a lot more convenient to you.
How to close your Amazon account via e-mail
If you selected the E-mail option above, a new window should open with some text fields for you to fill. Type the reason why you want to close your account and send the mail. A member of the Amazon customer support team would get back to you within 12 hours with follow-up instructions on how to close your account.
How to close your account by phone
However, If you chose the option of closing your Amazon account via Phone, you’ll be directed to the page to request a callback. Simply input your working phone number and wait for a call from the Amazon customer support team. Once you’re contacted by the Amazon customer support representative, follow the instructions that would be required to close your Amazon account.
How to close your account via online chat
Additionally, If you selected the Chat option, a live chat window will open. In the field for the reason why you want to chat with an associate, type “Account termination”. The Amazon support personnel should send you an e-mail with detailed instructions on how to close your account.
Hey, please endeavor to read the e-mail you receive carefully before clicking on the link in the e-mail to confirm the deletion.