Gaming is a lot more fun when profiled with your high scores. These days, most games require connectivity and everyone connected wants to show up on the leader board. On mobile gaming, PUBG, Call of Duty, Fortnite, and a host of others feature their top players on a scoreboard.
This isn’t easy to hit but the embarrassing thing about showing up on a leader board is showing up with a daft or brainless name. Amazingly, Fortnite allows its users the ability to change their names. Although this comes with the limitation of changing your name once in two weeks, I’ll be showing you how to change your name in Fortnite.
Fortnite is a survival game where 100 players fight against each other in a player to player combat. The target of every player is to be the last one standing. The game was developed by epic in 2017 with 3 distinct game modes.
Fortnite is a fast-paced, action-packed game, not unlike The Hunger Games, where strategic thinking is required survival. There are an estimated 125 million players on Fortnite. Although there are a handful of users on the Fortnite platform, most of these users don’t know some basic how to’s on the Fortnite platform.
This guide would show you how to change your name in Fortnite. However, this method does not change your PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch Gamertag as it only applies to your Epic Games account. If you want to bypass those names when playing Fortnite on consoles, you’ll need to upgrade to a full Epic Games account.
How to change your Name in Fortnite
To change your name in Fortnite, you’ll need to do it using a browser. So open a browser of your choice and follow the steps below.
- On your browser, open the Epic website and log in to your Epic Games account.
- After logging in to your account, click on “Account Info” if it doesn’t display the settings page by default.
- Click on the blue “Pencil” button located at the right of the side of the display name field.
- A pop-up window should appear. You should see your current display name. Input your new display name in the top text field. Confirm the name by entering it in the bottom text field.
- Now, Check the box to confirm that you understand you won’t be able to change your display name again until after two weeks.
- You cannot change your display name without checking this box. Simply click the blue “Confirm” button after checking the box to finish.
- Finally, scroll to the bottom of the main account page and click on the “Save Changes” button.
Your new Fortnite name is now set and would be seen by everyone online. Remember, there’s a limitation to frequently changing your name on Fortnite. You can only change your display name once every two weeks.
However, you can change your Fortnite name as many times as you want to. You’ll only have to use any chosen name you pick for those two weeks so make the best selection, or hide offline until you can change it again. Additionally, to change your name on Fortnite is entirely free. You’re not required to spend any money or V-Bucks. Now you know how to change your name in Fortnite, why not go ahead and make a change? Make it amazing!