Earlier this month, Samsung ditched out some details about its second-generation foldable smartphone – the Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G. Today at the unpacked event2, the Korean firm provided more details for its new Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G. While the Z Fold 2 5G might not be available for sale until later this month, we now know its pricing and carrier availability details.
The Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G comes loaded with some noteworthy features, while also addressing some of the complaints with the Fold from the previous year. Worth noting is that the Korean phone maker has expanded its FoundersCard and delivery of a meal from a Michelin starred restaurant.— which provides dedicated tech support to foldable buyers — to include perks like a free membership to
As expected, the Galaxy Fold 2 5G does not come cheap. Its asking price is in fact almost twice the price of the Galaxy Note 20. The device comes with the recommended retail price of $2,000, though it does go beyond that, as it comes only in 256GB storage variant. Set to go on sale from September 18th, the Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G has is priced at $2,000 for those in the States, while it goes for as much as $2,780 CAD in Canada.
Where, and how to buy the Unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
As expected, the question on anyone’s lips right now is where and when will the Fold 2 hit the retails shelves? Well, to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G unlocked, interested buyers, can buy directly from Samsung itself at $1,999.99. Pre-orders begin on September 2nd, while general sales are set to commence from September 18th, 2020.
Other than the 256GB variant of the Galaxy Z Fold2, Samsung is offering an even more premium Thom Browne model of the Z Fold 2 for $3,300 on Sept. 25, but it includes the $400 Galaxy Watch 3, $170 Galaxy Buds Live, and other accessories along with the Z Fold 2.
How to Get The Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Through Your Carrier
Verizon is offering the foldable phone for $83.33 per month for 24 months as part of its device payment plan. You can also get up to $550 off the Galaxy Z Fold 2 when you add a line, purchase the phone, and trade-in your old smartphone at once. If you switch to Verizon and buy the Z Fold 2 on a device payment plan, you can get a $150 gift card to the carrier’s store. Existing Verizon customers can get up to $250 off if they’re on a premium unlimited plan and trade in their old phone toward the Z Fold 2.
The Fold 2 will also be on preorder tomorrow at AT&T – September 2nd at $66.67 per month for 30 months on its payment plan.
The Galaxy Z Fold 2 will also be on sale on US cellular beginning from September 18th with no option for pre-orders.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 specifications
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2x main display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) 25:9 HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP cover and 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x13.8~16.8mm, Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.0~6.9mm; Weight: 282g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Available color options
You can get the Galaxy Z Fold 2 in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colors with a customized hinge in Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Red, and Metallic Blue colors.