Fed up with the rants and banters and now looking for how to Delete Your Twitter Account Permanently in 2020? Sorry, you’re never going to find a “Delete Account” button on twitter – at least, not at the moment.
This doesn’t necessarily mean a twitter account can’t be deleted if a user finds the platform unworthy of their profile data. Additionally, contacting twitter support is not a go-to guy as they rarely have time for such issues and when they finally attend to you, they only leave you links to resources as it’s not their duty to delete your twitter account permanently. So if you need guides on how to delete your twitter account permanently in September 2020, this is your reference piece.
Twitter is an American microblogging and social media platform for both individuals and brands. The social space is a hub to connect to the entire world at once as there are no privacy settings on the app. If you don’t want something viral, don’t tweet it.
Tweets are short posts and messages posted directly to the timeline. A Tweet can be up to 140 characters long, it can also include pictures, audio, videos, or links to relevant websites and resources. Hey, before you feel insecure about having a private conversation on twitter, the DMs are safe to exchange private details as they are not open to the public.
Twitter is a great tool, for anyone who wants to follow up with trends and gossip about anything and everything, with like minds. Although Twitter wasn’t intended for friendship-making and keeping, its users can connect by following themselves. Once a user follows someone, they would be able to see their tweets in your twitter ‘timeline’.
If you don’t need a user following you or seeing things you posted, twitter gives you the right to block whoever you feel like taking off your space. However, If you’re tired of the constant arguments, rants and you need quiet time, this is how to delete your twitter account permanently on mobile or PC.
How to delete a Twitter account permanently on Desktop
If you’re on a PC or Mac and you’ve decided to delete your Twitter account permanently, follow the steps below;
- On your desktop, go to twitter.com using a browser. If you’re not logged in, log in using your username and password.
- From the left menu, click “More” to reveal a menu.
- Click on “Settings and Privacy” from the displayed menu.
- From your Twitter Account settings, click on “Deactivate account” at the bottom right corner of your Account Settings section.
- You should now be on the Deactivate account page. Click on the “Deactivate” link at the bottom of the page. You’ll be required to enter your account password to validate your request.
- Input the password and click on “Deactivate”.
Your Twitter account is now… Sorry, your twitter account is not deleted. You can’t instantly delete your account. It takes 30 days for your account to be entirely deleted after you deactivate it.
If you’re not on a PC, you can also delete your account from a smartphone. Below are the instructions for Android and iOS devices.
How to delete a Twitter account on Mobile
To delete your Twitter account using your smartphone, follow the steps below;
- On your Android or iOS device, Open the Twitter app.
- If you’re not logged in, input your username and password and hit the “Log in” button.
- From your twitter feed, tap on your mini profile picture at the top-right hand corner of the app’s interface.
- A menu should slide open from the sidebar, tap on “Settings and Privacy” from the bottom of the menu.
- Tap on “Account”.
- From the account page, tap on “Deactivate your account” at the bottom.
- Now, tap on the red “Deactivate” button at the bottom.
- You’ll be required to add your “account password” to verify your account.
- After that, tap on the “Deactivate” button.
Viola, you have successfully commenced the process of deleting your Twitter account. However, you can still return before 30 days and maintain your profile.