YouTube is a great spot to learn new things, watch interesting content, get motivated, get pissed off, just name it. Whatever the mood you’re hunting, a video on YouTube’s got you covered. At some point, you might find something that’s worth your attention and you just want it playing over and again. Might be a motivational speech, tutorial, or even a new hit from your favorite artist. However, unlike traditional media players, you can’t find a repeat button on-screen and YouTube doesn’t support downloading videos from its platform. The good news is you can repeat or loop a YouTube video and here’s How to Make YouTube Videos Loop Continuously.
YouTube is a Google-owned streaming platform having about 5 billion videos watched by various individuals on different devices every day. YouTube as the most used streaming platform globally has about 400 hours of video uploaded to it every minute. This includes movies, operas, comedies, musical videos like lyric videos, official videos, marsh ups, etc. On YouTube, videos cover any topic someone cares to make a video about. Although the platform doesn’t support pornography.
These videos could be a source of motivation, education inspiration, etc. Although most content creators utilize YouTube ads for monetizing their videos, these contents come in handy and sometimes viewers just want to play it over and again. If you’ve found a video you want to watch over and again without having to go back manually, here’s How to Make YouTube Videos Loop Continuously.
How to Make YouTube Videos Loop Continuously On PC
Using YouTube on a web browser on pc, you can loop a single video from the right-click menu or loop a couple of videos by looping a playlist. The guides below should help you make YouTube videos loop continuously depending on your choice.
Using YouTube’s Right-Click Context Menu
If you want to loop a single video, this is the most suitable method. Simply open the video you want to loop on YouTube using your browser and do the following;
- Right-click anywhere on the YouTube video player to reveal the context menu.
- From the menu displaying, click on the “Loop” button.
The video should now restart once it ends. If you want to verify if it’ll repeat, right-click anywhere on the player. If it’ll restart once it completes, you’ll see a checkmark next to “Loop”. If there’s no checkmark beside “Loop” means the video won’t repeat when it reaches the end. Simply click on loop again.
To stop the video from Looping over and again, open the context menu again by right-clicking on the video and selecting the “Loop” button to disable it.
Creating a Playlist
If you want to loop many videos, this method is your best pick. Maybe you want to repeat some songs while working out or doing something else. Creating a playlist comes in handy in keeping more than one video in a continuous loop. A playlist would repeat all videos on that list whereas the previous method works for a single video only. To create a playlist, you’ll be required to sign in to YouTube using your Google account.
- Open one of the videos on YouTube, click the “Save” button, located next to the share option.
- Click on the “Create a New Playlist” button.
- Type a name for the playlist.
- Select your choice of privacy option for the playlist.
- Public: Anyone can search for and view the playlist.
- Unlisted: Anyone with a link to the playlist can view it.
- Private: Only you can view the playlist.
- Next, click on the “Create” button.
- Once you click “Create”, the playlist would be created, now you’ll need to add other videos to the playlist. Go to another video you want to attach to the playlist.
- Click on the “Save button as you did above.
- This time, tick the checkbox next to the playlist you created and “Save”. Do this for as many videos as possible.
- Next, click on the Hamburger icon on the top-left side of the webpage.
- Click on the name of the playlist you just created.
- Now click on the “Play All” button.
- When the first video starts playing, scroll down, and click the “Loop” icon to make the videos loop continuously.
How to Make YouTube Videos Loop Continuously on the mobile app
Unlike streaming YouTube using a web browser, there is no available option to loop a single video on YouTube using the mobile app. However, you can create a playlist with a single video and loop the playlist. You can also add more videos to the playlist which will effectively put those videos on repeat. The following steps would help you make YouTube videos loop continuously on iPhone or Android.
- On your device, open the YouTube mobile app. You’ll be required to sign in if it’s your first time.
- Locate the video you want to loop continuously, Tap on the video, and select the three hamburger like icon with a plus sign at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the option to “create a new playlist”.
- Add a name for your playlist and select a privacy setting for your new playlist, then tap on “Create”.
- After creating the playlist, you can add more videos to the playlist by following the second step and clicking on the newly created playlist.
- Once the playlist is created, Tap on the Library tab at the bottom right corner of your screen. Scroll down and select the playlist.
- The video should start playing. Tap on the drop-down arrow on the right side of the screen directly beneath the video to reveal some icons and all the videos on that playlist.
- Tap on the loop icon on the left side of the screen, and make sure it is highlighted white. This should put the video on repeat and it would automatically start again immediately after it ends – if there’s only one video on the playlist. However, if there are multiple videos, it would play the next video and come back to the first after playing all videos on the playlist.
There are a lot of free apps that allow users to loop YouTube videos on iPhone or Android devices.
However, if you want to loop a particular time frame, then you should consider using a website like youtubeloop.net or a plugin like Looper for YouTube chrome extension.
How to Make YouTube Videos Loop Continuously Using a Chrome Extension
There are several available extensions to enhance user flexibility on different platforms. These extensions vary for different browsers however, we recommend Looper for YouTube for Chrome users. This extension makes it easy to watch the same video over and again without having to press the loop button. Additionally, you can choose to loop a chunk of the video. Let’s say you found an interesting scene you want to watch until it feels boring. With Looper for YouTube, the YouTube player has an added “Loop” button underneath it. You also limit how many times it should repeat or repeat only a specific portion of the video.
- Add the extension to your browser from the Chrome web store.
- After clicking “Install” beside the extension and it installs, go back to YouTube.
- Navigate to the video you want to loop continuously.
- Click on the “Loop” button below the player to display a menu for looping your video. Also, you can press the “P” key on your keyboard to enable a loop.
By default, the extension would loop the entire video in play indefinitely. However, If you wish to change it, click the checkbox to loop as many times as you need or to loop a specific portion of the video.
Now you know how to make YouTube videos loop continuously, why not give it a try? Just remember, there are numerous ways of getting it done. Additionally, if you have other ways to listen/watch continuously without having to interact with the player feel free to share it with us using the comment form below.