Ever wondered how to disable, deactivate, or delete a Twitch account? Well, the steps are easy and that’s what I’ll be covering on this article. Twitch is an online platform for users to watch or broadcast live streams or pre-recorded videos of their video game gameplay. A Twitch broadcast often includes audio commentary from the player, and video of the player might appear on the edge of the screen from their webcam – depending on the broadcaster.
Like every other online platform, users are meant to stay in control of the profiles they create. So if twitch doesn’t really suit your needs, here’s a guide on How to disable, deactivate, or delete a Twitch account.
How to disable a Twitch account
So twitch has suddenly become boring to you or you’ve decided to port to Facebook or YouTube gaming. You’re probably having plans of being away for a while and you don’t want your friend’s messages piling unanswered. Irrespective of your reasons, you can easily disable your twitch account, following the steps below;
- Using any browser of your choice, open the Twitch website on twitch.tv.
- From the twitch homepage, click on the “Log In” button at the top-right hand corner of your browser window.
- After signing in, click the menu icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings” From the drop-down menu that appears.
- From the Settings window, click on the “Disable Account” link at the bottom of the page.
- You’ll be required to verify your identity. Simply enter your valid username and password, and click on the “Disable Account” button.
Your twitch account would now be disabled for good. So what happens when you miss the platform and want to dive back in? we’ve got you covered.
How to reactivate a Twitch account
So you disabled your Twitch account and now you’ve found a need for it. You can easily reactivate a twitch account by contacting customer care.
- Using a browser of your choice, visit the Twitch’s customer support page.
- Fill the required fields with valid information.
- Hit the “Send Email” button.
You should receive an e-mail in a couple of days containing instructions on how to reactivate your account.
How to delete a Twitch account
Unfortunately, at the moment, Twitch does not allow users access to fully delete their accounts. Accounts can only be disabled. However, hope to update this information if we find out how to delete a twitch account.