Unlike most media platforms on the web, twitch has always made their activities a lot different. From making it impossible for a twitch user to entirely delete their twitch account to make the process of deleting a previously uploaded video, highlight, clip, past broadcast, and archived contents a little bit unclear to its users. Anyways, I’ve always got you covered on everything techy. And this time, I present to you the ultimate guide on how to delete past broadcasts on Twitch.
Twitch is an American interactive live-streaming service owned by Amazon. Initially, twitch was focused on video-game play and esports content. However, it is slowly becoming a mainstream platform for what the company calls “multiplayer entertainment.” Last fall.
Currently, Twitch allows mass numbers of learners to interact with each other and the instructor in real-time. Twitch is also used for software development learning, with communities of users streaming programming projects and talking through their work. Although Twitch does not save anyone’s past broadcasts forever, if you don’t want to leave broadcast on the twitch network till it is their time to take it down, this is an article on how to delete past broadcasts on Twitch.
If you’re not new to twitch, you would have noticed that as a non-paying Twitch member, your broadcasts are saved for up to 14 days only. while Partners of Twitch and Turbo premium subscribers can keep their broadcasts on the platform for up to 60 days. However, if you’ve made broadcast and you want to know how to delete past broadcasts on twitch, welcome to the hub.
How to delete past broadcasts on Twitch
So you have that embarrassing twitch broadcast on your profile and you can’t leave it there till twitch says its time to go, Here’s how to delete past broadcasts on twitch using a Windows, a macOS or a Linux PC:
- Open any browser of your choice and go to Twitch.tv.
- On the twitch Landing page, click on “Log in” at the top-right hand corner of your screen.
- Input your login details and login to access your account. If you were already logged in, this step won’t be necessary.
- From your twitch home page, click on your profile picture icon at the top right-hand corner of the web page.
- From the drop-down menu that displays, click on the ‘Creator Dashboard’ link. You will be redirected to your channel’s dashboard.
- From the top left corner of the web page, tap on the icon with the three lines. Then, click on the ‘Content’ button which will be in the menu that appears.
- from the options displayed under “Content”, click on “Video Producer”. You should now see all your past broadcasts, clips, highlights, and video uploads displayed there. Each of them is label clip, highlight as applies.
- Now, scroll through and locate the past broadcast you want to delete.
- Once you get to it, click on the three-dotted icon at its right side to reveal a contextual menu.
- From the small menu that shows, click on ‘Delete’ which should be the last option on the menu.
- If you’re sure you want to delete the video, click ‘Delete Video’ from the prompt that pops up.
Before deleting a twitch broadcast, its necessary to note that using the steps above would delete your broadcast forever. Therefore, you need to be sure its what you want before attempting to delete past broadcasts on Twitch.
Hey, If you intend to use your mobile phone’s browser to delete a twitch, the above steps would also serve you. Simply switch to the browser window to the desktop site of Twitch.tv.