Need to know how to unsubscribe from a YouTube Channel? This is the quickest walkthrough you need. You’ll agree with me that at one time or the other, you get to stumble on a great content online. Might be on a social media handle or a streaming platform. The positive vibe from this content gives you the push to follow the content creator. A few days later, you start getting crap all over your feed from that account.
Well, we’ve all been there. I once subscribed to an EDM music channel on YouTube because a particular mix made me shuffle out my energy. A few days later, I felt like checking out other videos on the channel and oops, there was nothing there for me. If you’ve ever felt this way and feel like unsubscribing from the YouTube channel, this is how to unsubscribe from a YouTube channel.
YouTube is an American video-sharing service that allows its users to watch videos posted by other users and upload their videos. The platform makes it easy for its users to store videos online and share them with others. On YouTube, videos cover any topic anyone cares to upload a video about. Although the platform doesn’t support pornography.
These videos are easy to share via other forms of social media, email, and websites and can also be embedded in other websites. Most content creators utilize YouTube ads for monetizing their videos. Also, several companies and organizations utilize YouTube for the promotion of their businesses. Sadly, the vast majority of YouTube videos are created and uploaded by amateurs. Flooding the platform with low quality and not properly curated contents. Having this in mind, this is how to unsubscribe from a YouTube channel if you’ve ever subscribed and you feel it’s time to stop getting notified of their content.
How to unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on a computer
- From the YouTube homepage, click on the word “Subscriptions” on the left-hand menu.
- On the next page, click on the word “Manage” in blue type near the top right corner of the window.
- Click on the grey box that reads “Subscribed” beside the channel in question.
- Click “Unsubscribe” on the window that appears.
How to unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on the mobile app
- Launch the YouTube app and tap the word Subscriptions on the bottom toolbar.
- Tap the three dots below the right corner of a video from the channel in question.
- Tap Unsubscribe on the pop-up menu.
And that’s it, you’ve successfully unsubscribed to the YouTube channel.