Facebook can be an amazing place to break the boredom, have some fun or kill time. Making posts, scrolling feed, sending and receiving direct messages, etc. The fun is limitless especially when you’ve got an amazing pack of socially like-minded individuals on your timeline. However amazing this pack is, sometimes, hell breaks loose and your friends decide to troll you. Not to worry, you won’t have to deal that anymore as this guide would show you how to Turn Off Comments On A Facebook Post. Facebook is a social networking service owned by Facebook Inc. Facebook helps its users to stay connected with friends and family, discover what’s going on in the world, and share and express what matters to them.
The connectivity doesn’t end there, although you can interact with friends privately, things taken to the timeline can become a topic for the masses. Initially, Facebook limited its membership to Harvard students. Times change right? Gradually, membership was expanded to Ivy League universities, MIT, and higher education institutions around Boston, USA. Next, some other universities, and lastly high school students.
Finally, in 2006 Facebook was opened to anyone who claims to be 13 years old or more. Currently, Facebook records an average of 2.6 billion users every month, and sincerely, every one of them can view a post you shared. If you set the posted privacy to public and they happen to visit your wall or a friend’s wall who has shared the post. So maybe you made a post that has gone viral and although you’re comfortable with the post reach, you’re tired of seeing or replying comments. Here’s a guide on how to turn off Comments On A Facebook Post.
How to Turn Off Comments On a Facebook Post
If you’re no longer comfortable with a particular post getting comments, you can easily disable comments on that post using the steps below on a browser of your choice.
- Go to Facebook.com on any web browser of your choice.
- Using the login form at the top right-hand corner of your screen, log in with your valid credentials – if you’re not logged in.
- After logging, click on the inverted triangle-shaped icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu and you’ll be taken to your Facebook settings page.
- After that, start navigating through the left panel and click on Public Comments.
- Here, you can change the option about who can view your posts.
- Click on the Public text to open the drop-down menu and choose among the options.
- Friends of Friends
- Now, only the people you allow can comment on your posts. In the most extreme case, only your Friends will gain access to the comments.
Note: This option only works for your account. There are other ways of solutions for Facebook Pages and Groups.
How to Turn Off Comments on Facebook Pages and Groups
The steps required to turn off comments on pages and groups vary from that of normal posts. For instance, if you want to turn on or off comments on Facebook Pages or Groups, you’ll have to be an admin on the page or group. If you have the administrative right, then you can easily disable comments as it is something really easy to do. However, there are some restrictions you should keep in mind when making your changes. To turn off comments on a Facebook post, take the steps below;
- Select group posts which you don’t want to receive any comments.
- Click on the three-dotted icon at the upper right corner of the post.
- Click on “Turn Off Comments.”
- Any comments for this particular posts are restricted.
Now you know how to turn off comments on a Facebook post, why not go ahead and disable it?