So I’m guessing you enjoy the Quibi concept, however, you love watching on larger screens. If my guess is right, then you’ve tried casting your Quibi show on your TV. Well, if you’ve not tried it but you have the intentions, I’ll love to give you a spoiler on that. You’ll get a large “Q” – the Quibi logo with a message below it saying “Sorry, screen mirroring is disabled”. I guess you’re still bent on walking a way through casting on TV. Don’t feel like you’ve wasted your time, we’ve got something spicy for you. It’s a guide on How to Watch or Cast Quibi Shows on TV. To do this, you’ll need Airplay or Chromecast support for iOS or Android. Depending on your mobile operating system.
Quibi launched in August 2018 and since then they have bragged about having 3.5 million users and over 1.t million active users. Quibi is a subscription-based streaming platform designed to deliver short-form scripted and unscripted content on demand to your cell phone. The name is a mash-up of the words “quick” and “bites,” a nod to the fact that an episode of a Quibi show would last roughly seven to ten minutes in length. If you’re already familiar with Quibi, you might be looking straight for the tip on how to watch or cast Quibi shows on your TV.
The good news is that Quibi added Chromecast support to its iOS and Android apps alike. So if you own a Chromecast dongle that’s attached to your TV, or if your smart TV has Chromecast support built into it, you can launch the Quibi apps and cast all of its programs to your TV.
How to Cast Quibi shows using Chromecast
Before you think of chrome casting, you should have an available wireless network. Your wifi must be connected to the internet as Quibi would require internet access to stream the necessary video content.
Before using chrome cast, the following conditions are required;
- Your mobile device must be connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- The mobile device or tablet you’re using to cast from Quibi must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- You must be running the latest version of Quibi which hasChromecast-enabled. You can always double-check to verify that you are on the latest version by visiting the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and checking for any app updates.
If you’ve certified that the above conditions are met, you’re set to start casting your Quibi video to your TV.
- Open your Quibi app.
- Tap on the Cast button.
- Select the device you’d like to cast to.
- When you’re connected, the Cast button will turn colored, letting you know you’re connected.
- You can now cast videos, movies and TV shows directly to your TV.
- To stop casting, tap the Cast button Disconnect.
For now, this is the only possible step we could come up with to enable users their Quibi videos to their TV set. If you have a different idea, we’ll be really glad to hear it. Simply leave a comment below.