Do you need to use the Spotify Premium service but are not sure if you’ll love the service? Or maybe you’ve seen an enticing review of the service but you’re not financially buoyant enough to pay for the service? Taking a free trial might just be all you need and this is a guide on How to Activate Spotify Premium Trial. Offering a free trial for products has been the most effective and the easiest way of converting visitors into becoming customers. Most companies have banked on this technique which has, in turn, yielded conversions over the years. Joyfully, Spotify is one of these companies giving its users a free trial of their premium service. Spotify is a digital music on demand, podcast, and video streaming service that gives its users access to millions of songs and other contents from various artists around the world.
Spotify’s basic functionalities which include streaming music are free, but you can also choose to upgrade to the Spotify Premium. On the Spotify premium, you can listen to as much music as you want and you’ll never have to worry about getting interrupted by an ad. Additionally, you can listen to any track, album, artist, or playlist you like at any time and in any order with unlimited skips. The Spotify Premium subscription starts at $9.99 per month for which you get an entirely ad-free experience.
However, if you’re a university student in the US, you can apply for Spotify Premium Student, which goes for $4.99 per month. This is quite enticing but how about not paying for the first month? well, this guide on how to activate Spotify premium trial on mobile and PC should help out.
How to Activate Spotify Premium Trial on desktop
If you’re on your PC or Mac, you can activate the Spotify Premium Trial using the steps below;
- Using a browser of your choice, go to https://www.spotify.com and log in using your user name and password. If you don’t have a Spotify account, you can easily create one by clicking the “sign up” link at the top right-hand corner of the Spotify web page. Fill out the form and create your account.
- On your dashboard after logging in, check for the “Upgrade” option in the navigation menu at the top of your screen and click on it.
- Spotify would instantly offer you a free 30-day trial of their Premium service, after which you would be charged $9.99 per month, or $4.99 if you applied for a Student account.
- Click on the green “Start Free Trial” button to activate Spotify Premium.
- On the next page, enter your credit card information. You can also choose to pay via PayPal if you prefer. Whichever option you pick determines how you’ll be billed after your free trial.
- After entering your payment information, click “Start 30-Day Trial Now” at the bottom of your screen, and your Spotify Premium trial subscription would be activated. You won’t be charged a dime until after your 30-day trial is complete.
Note: On your PC or Mac, you can listen to Spotify through its website, or by downloading the Spotify program here.
How to get Spotify Premium on your Phone
Activating the Spotify Premium Trial on mobile devices isn’t the same as on PC as the mobile interface differs from that of the desktop. However, the steps to activate the Spotify premium trial is covered below;
- On your mobile, locate and open your preferred web browser.
- go to https://www.spotify.com, tap on the menu option. It is the three stacked bars at the top-right corner of your screen, tap “Log In,” and enter your Spotify username and password to log into the site. If you don’t have an account then tap on the “Sign up” link to create and log in to your new account.
- Once you’re logged in, tap on the Account Overview menu bar at the top of your screen and tap on “Subscription” from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll find an offer for a free Spotify Premium trial. This is the aim – trying the Premium version free for 30 days. Tap on “Try Premium Free.”
- You’ll be taken to the payment screen. Enter your credit card details or choose PayPal if you would want it to be your preferred billing channel.
- After that, click on “Start 30-Day Trial Now” to start flexing your Spotify Premium Trial subscription.
On mobile, you’ll need the Spotify mobile apps to enjoy your Spotify Premium Trial. Simply download the Spotify app from the App Store or Google Play and login using the account you just activated the Spotify Premium Trial on.