Last Updated on
Are you a seller on eBay who needs an easy to remember the name for your clients to reach out to you very easily? Here is how to change your eBay name. Any eBay user is allowed to make certain changes to their eBay account. One of these changes that can be easily carried out on your eBay account is the change of your account name or moniker. Changing these details on your eBay account, however, doesn’t affect your profile or account settings. eBay refers to your account name or moniker as the user ID, and this guide provides instructions on changing your eBay ID or account name.
eBay is an e-commerce website that’s known for its auctions and consumer to consumer sales. It’s also an extremely popular platform for online merchants to use as a sales channel. On eBay, a seller lists an item, adds photos and a description of the item, adds a price, and other shipping options. A buyer can make a bid on it or simply buy it using the “Buy it Now” option. When a purchase is been made, the buyer makes payments via any of the different payment options, and the seller ships it to that buyer. As a seller, it is advised to use a business name for ease of access as eBay assigns a random name at sign up.
If you want to change your eBay name, then follow up on the steps below. Additionally, you can only change your user ID once in 30 days. When you change your eBay name, all your account information wouldn’t be changed. The only thing that’ll change will be the moniker. It would also have a “Changed ID” icon next to it for the next 30 days. Within those 30 days, other eBay members are prevented from using your old ID.
How to change your eBay name in your account settings
Changing your eBay name can be easily carried out on your PC with the steps below;
- Visit the eBay website using any web browser of your choice.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your email and password by clicking on the “sign-in” link at the top-right-hand of the web page.
- Hover your cursor over “My eBay” at the upper-right hand corner of the web page. Click on “Summary” from the drop-down list. You would be taken to your account details page.
- You’ll be taken to your “My eBay: Summary” page. If you’ve not changed your eBay name before, close to the top of the page you would see the name that was assigned to you automatically at sign up. Below it, you’ll see previous orders and tracking information, along with options to go to your recently viewed items and current bids.
- Click on the “Account,” tab which is located directly under your eBay name.
- On the Account page, click on “Personal information” from the list of options. This is located under the “Personal Info” section, along with addresses and feedback.
- You’ll be taken to a page with a list of your personal information. On this page, you can adjust your account type, username, password, security questions, email, phone number, and “About Me” page. You can also update your payment method.
- Click “Edit” on the far right side of the screen, besides “User ID” and your current username in the adjacent column. If you’ve never changed your assigned username before, you will see the name that was automatically assigned to you when you created the account.
- Clear it and type in a new username when prompted.
- Click on the blue “Save” button below.
- Your username would be changed and you can view these changes when you return to your account summary. You would find your new eBay name listed at the top of the page.
Note: you can only change your eBay name once every 30 days and you would have a badge indicating “changed ID” till 30 days after the username was changed.